Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using your photos.

• 07-05-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

How do you know if some is using your photo(s) off flicker etc without you knowing. Its not happened too me. Just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i found out a site's blog was using one of my photos recently just by looking at my flickr stats - they had googled a term that was the title of one of my shots, does that make sense? so when i clicked on the google referrer link [or whatever it's called] i found their blog - the blog post had the same title as my shot, and was written on the same day as the search....with my shot slap bang at the top of the page.

sent a polite mail and invoice and long story short, i got a reply the other day that there's a cheque in the post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I found recently on my Flickr stats that i get a lot of them from "unknown source", i'd hardly think any of my photos would be in big demand mind you :D

One the tinyeye thing, surely that is a useless website, i mean i use a good few forums and i now i have put one photo on at least 4 different forums (a motorsport photo) and tinyeye shows no matches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I found recently on my Flickr stats that i get a lot of them from "unknown source", i'd hardly think any of my photos would be in big demand mind you :D

One the tinyeye thing, surely that is a useless website, i mean i use a good few forums and i now i have put one photo on at least 4 different forums (a motorsport photo) and tinyeye shows no matches!

as it says itself - it isn't perfect and hasn't quite scowered every corner of t'interwebs just yet.... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... but it's free and better than not having the same tool....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Through a tip off rather than a TinEye, I just found 30 of my photos from 3 season ago in a gallery of a local football clubs new website.
    They were taken from Flickr from when I was only starting out snapping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

artyeva wrote: »
    i found out a site's blog was using one of my photos recently just by looking at my flickr stats - they had googled a term that was the title of one of my shots, does that make sense? so when i clicked on the google referrer link [or whatever it's called] i found their blog - the blog post had the same title as my shot, and was written on the same day as the search....with my shot slap bang at the top of the page.

sent a polite mail and invoice and long story short, i got a reply the other day that there's a cheque in the post. :)
    Thats great news, if anything, it shows that they really do like the shots and want to keep them on the site :)

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

just checked my stats and referrals after reading this and found one of my images on a gaming site and tumblr.. dunno what to think of it but i guess its out there now eh.. this is the site..

http://blog.gamefreaks.co.nz/post/5268457387#notes

strange!! should i just leave it on there..?

Tallon wrote: »
    Thats great news, if anything, it shows that they really do like the shots and want to keep them on the site :)

Well done

well, the proof of the pudding is in the opening of the envelope, so to speak. i'll believe it when i have the cheque in my hand! :p
    just checked my stats and referrals after reading this and found one of my images on a gaming site and tumblr.. dunno what to think of it but i guess its out there now eh.. this is the site..

http://blog.gamefreaks.co.nz/post/5268457387#notes

strange!! should i just leave it on there..?

see, the difference there is that they've linked back to you. i've had a few shots pop up on tumblr, and tbh i don't mind. to me that's a similar compliment to someone adding it to their gallery on flickr, or clicking 'like' on a blog or tweeting or facebook-linking or something. they like it enough to share it with people who are interested in their tastes, and look at all the people that have reblogged and like that image?! it's up to you what you choose to do of course, but if i was a pedantic pat [which i am] i'd click through any of the people on that list that've reblogged it, and check if they've linked back to your flickr. if they haven't i'd rectify that. just my €0.02. :)

well, the proof of the pudding is in the opening of the envelope, so to speak. i'll believe it when i have the cheque in my hand!

envelope opened > cheque in hand > pudding proved! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

envelope opened > cheque in hand > pudding proved! :D
    Go to cash it > bounces like a baloon :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

How do you get the stats up. It wants me too pay for,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

cena wrote: »
    How do you get the stats up. It wants me too pay for,

You have to pay a subscription to Flickr to get the stats.

You have to pay a subscription to Flickr to get the stats.

Any other site too find if your photos are been used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Google has reverse image search now as well. Click images, then the little camera icon in the search bar.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Tineye is easily blocked. They even tell you how to do it in their FAQ.

I was quite surprised when I used Tineye on my image below as to what it picked up. Try it, for me it found quite a few images of the same gates. So it recognises patterns in the image.

126F11C88E6D4417A045B371BE4D030F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

CabanSail wrote: »
    Tineye is easily blocked. They even tell you how to do it in their FAQ.

I was quite surprised when I used Tineye on my image below as to what it picked up. Try it, for me it found quite a few images of the same gates. So it recognises patterns in the image.

126F11C88E6D4417A045B371BE4D030F.jpg

Thats a great shot and such timing to get the plane in it.

I only ask cause i'v a photo on flicker thats nearly viewed 1000 times. I dont want it used without been asked.

Also the photo above is really great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

alfalad wrote: »
    Thats a great shot and such timing to get the plane in it.

The timing was an issue as the Lancaster was flying over Newark UK some months before. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

WOAH! I just used that Google images backwards search thing.

From now on I'm watermarking all my images. I don't care what people thing. One of my Paramore shots has been reblogged over 2,000 times. Another has been used on more official sites (needless to say an invoice is to be sent).

I'm on so many piddling blogs run by 12 year olds - it's mental! The least I can get is some traffic to the site in these instances!

mehfesto wrote: »
    WOAH! I just used that Google images backwards search thing.

From now on I'm watermarking all my images. I don't care what people thing. One of my Paramore shots has been reblogged over 2,000 times. Another has been used on more official sites (needless to say an invoice is to be sent).

I'm on so many piddling blogs run by 12 year olds - it's mental! The least I can get is some traffic to the site in these instances!

How do you use that google thing. I tried it but couldn't get it too work. Do I just copy the URL. What about photos on face book. I'v got the ones from slash hate too see them used. How do I copy the URL on them photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What about photos on face book.

Simple, don't put photos on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

How do you use that google thing. I tried it but couldn't get it too work. Do I just copy the URL. What about photos on face book. I'v got the ones from slash hate too see them used. How do I copy the URL on them photos.

What browser are you using? You copy/paste the image url into the search bar after clicking the little camera icon. To get the url from facebook you need to go to the photo and hit F5 so it gets rid of that stupid gallery type view. Then right click the image and click copy image url. If your using internet explorer I don't know if that has the option..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Go to flickr, pick any size of your image, right click and 'copy image url' (alternatively take the url of the photo from the all sizes page). Go to flickr images, click the little camera in the text bar (its the small blue icon to the right of the bar). It'll open up a new box. Paste your url in here and search!

Simples!

3852172832_ef91b377e8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Found an easier way, have flickr and google open i 2 different tabs. On flickr click and hold the photo you want to use for your search and drag it to the top of firefox / windows ect where the tab for the google page isthen move down the page and drop it in the search bod hey presto! takes a second to do!

Advertisement