Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person in around Blanch needed PLEASE

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I am getting a DR debug light with D5 on it when I try and boot my pc. There is no display and the monitor power light stays orange.

I have tried

Rest cmos/take battery out for five minutes
    Take all or one of the ram sticks out
    Boot without the hard or disc drive
    Pressing the cmos reset button
    Holding down the power, turning on the pcu and then turning the PC on
    Checked the CPU and the fan and compound
    Checked the general wiring of the PC
    Below is a picture of the PC`s specs

https://picasaweb.google.com/jeffking82/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPe92Iv73N2GTw#5592785050247227234

Thanks for any help, as I cannot get the PC to boot and am back on my old dell!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Did you ground yourself before you went to work earlier on ? You may have killed something with ESD (not likely though). I'd say just RMA the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Did you ground yourself before you went to work earlier on ? You may have killed something with ESD (not likely though). I'd say just RMA the board.

I always touch the metal on the case and don't do work standing on carpet, ive done the exact same thing a few times to check the CPU out and it booted right back up.

I was hoping to get someone to look at it with more knowledge and maybe fix it or say what's wrong before I got back to the place I ordered it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

can u list the specs cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    can u list the specs cheers

Thanks for replying. I had a mess around and had a fella from college check it out. Seems one of the ram banks in faulty, I got/get it booting with one ram stick.

Waiting on an email to get a replacement from www.hardwareversand.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

just FYI you can print out UPS return labels for free from here (click on complaint online) :)

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    just FYI you can print out UPS return labels for free from here (click on complaint online) :)

Thanks, but even in the English translated site the options are in German :confused:
    I tried it earlier and just said id email them about returning the faulty motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

If you're still looking for a local guy see this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236006

Straylight wrote: »
    If you're still looking for a local guy see this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236006

Thanks, I was texting John this morning. If I didn't manage to figure it out with one of the lads from college, id have John look over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Payton

How did you get on with your problem, did you get it sorted? :)

How did you get on with your problem, did you get it sorted? :)

The motherboard has been with www.hardwareversand.de since Thursday.
    So I am waiting on them to email and/or send a new one. I hope it wont take to much longer to find out what's happening.

• Advertisement

New motherboard arrived this morning, all working as it should thank god.

Some turn around from bringing it to UPS on Monday to having the new part the following Tuesday. Two thumbs up for www.hardwareversand.de!

Advertisement