Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why am I banned ?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

why have I been banned from below thread ? you need to give me an explanation on why I am banned even though I never got a pm or anything suggesting I was banned.obviously a mistake by a mod i'm sure. i'm banned I think from the thread that relates to bar-staff on manslaughter charge ?

actually I am not banned from politics but i'm banned from entering a thread of which i commented on for an unknown reason ?.

zenno, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
    For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't a DRP thread.

There's no such thing as a system enforced banning from a thread. A mod may instruct you not to post on a specfic thread if need be, but since you're receiving a permission denied message, that can't be the case. It sounds more like the thread has been deleted or moved to an inaccessible area. If you post the thread link I can possibly tell more. Otherwise you should PM the appropriate mods to ask what became of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

zenno wrote: »
    you need to give me an explanation on why I am banned even though I never got a pm or anything suggesting I was banned.

Do we now?
    zenno wrote: »
    obviously a mistake by a mod i'm sure. i'm banned I think from the thread that relates to bar-staff on manslaughter charge ?

You reckon? As Spear points out, a poster cannot be banned from a specific thread.

So, before you go throwing out demands and making spurious accusations, how about you get your facts right?

That thread was deleted due to the fact that it refers to an ongoing court case. Because of a recent ruling in another court case, the simple discussion of a case in progress could open Boards.ie up to accusations of contempt of court.

Therefore, the Boards.ie legal team has asked that there be no discussion of court cases that are currently ongoing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement