Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price difference Galway

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

On 28 april 2011 I purchased a new chainsaw from Ivors in Shantalla in Galway, a reputable dealer so I didn't really shop around beforehand. The cost of the chainsaw was €370 (down from €390!). On returning home I was informed by a friend that he had purchased the chainsaw in question (Proplus) very recently for somewhere in the region of €200. I didn't believe him 'til I checked around. The exact same chainsaw is available from one outlet in Cork for €194 and from a number of other outlets at under €250. I contacted Victors and after numerous efforts finally got to speak to the owner. He was both arrogant and dismissive - he shouted at me that I was paying for the spare parts which he keeps in stock and he had other customers to deal with, bye bye.
    I am presuming the it is a case of "buyer beware" and there is little I can do now? The chainsaw is working well. A lesson learned for me I suppose - for others out there shop around!!
    user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed as it is a duplicate of a thread in Consumer Issues

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement