Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant and decent bars in sligo

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent restaurant and a really nice bar or two in sligo. Its for a special occassion so some where to get dressed up for. I have seen alot of posts on restaurants but they are from a few years back. Tra ban restaurant has been mentioned as a great restaurant. Oh and early 30's age group!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The glasshouse I find is very good and the food is nice, chairs are a bit of a pain. You could also try Coach Lane @ Donaghy's as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent restaurant and a really nice bar or two in sligo. Its for a special occassion so some where to get dressed up for. I have seen alot of posts on restaurants but they are from a few years back. Tra ban restaurant has been mentioned as a great restaurant. Oh and early 30's age group!
    Thanks.

Hi ya.
    As said before Coach Lane in Sligo town is a good place to eat,very relaxed, or if you wanted to push the boat out try Markree Castle in Collooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I wouldn't recommend the Glasshouse as a place to get specifically dressed up for for a special occasion. Montmartre would be the best restaurant in town,very fine dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It might be an idea to look at the 'favourite restaurant' thread for restaurant ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Restaurants
    Coach lane
    Conrads kitchen
    Source Sligo
    Montmarte
    Limoncello
    Mandarin court
    Silver apple
    Bistro bianconi
    These are all nice decent restaurants
    Bars