Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post Rás Sporting Legends Tour on 21st of May in Dunboyne.

• 08-05-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

" Team Dectek-Dunboyne Clonee Cycling Club, are promoting the An Post Rás Sporting Legends Tour on 21st of May in Dunboyne. There are 3 routes 10K family, 60k and 120k. Some of the pro teams for the An Post Rás will ride the 60K Tour and mingle with the riders. It is a great opportunity for all cyclists to ride with the professional riders.

Entry online is possible on http://www.dunboynecyclingfestival.com/ "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

And here is the facebook page for it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Post-R%C3%A1s-Sporting-Legends-Tour-Dunboyne/171172136270056?sk=wall

Feel free to like, invite, promote and share with anyone who may be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pink16

Do you have to register for the family 10k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I think I night do a slow 120 ( 140 for me ) since i am just down the road.

Pink16 wrote: »
    Do you have to register for the family 10k?

The online registration for the family 10K is 2 Euro.
    However there is a 10 Euro surcharge for all on the day registrations if you decide to leave it until then.

Lots more info on this and many other questions answered on the FAQ page here.

http://www.dunboynecyclingfestival.com/faq/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Royal County Challenge (120km) Start time 9:00am
    Estimated time of arrival back in Dunboyne is 12:30 to 1pm.

No way I can average 30kph for 4 hours, I take it I am allowed to amble in on my jack jones at 1.30pm? :)

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    No way I can average 30kph for 4 hours, I take it I am allowed to amble in on my jack jones at 1.30pm? :)

It is a leisure spin. Take as long as you like and enjoy the scenery. It is also relatively flat, at worst a couple of drags. On spins like this there will always be groups of similar ability riders who will gravitate towards each other for the day.
    Above all enjoy and if you see any An Post pros along the way be sure to challenge them to a sprint. :)

My Brother is over that weekend, is there anywhere in Dublin you can hire road bikes for a day?

My Brother is over that weekend, is there anywhere in Dublin you can hire road bikes for a day?

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bike+hire+dublin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Although a few "Dublin Commuter Bikes " on the spin would be a novelty too.

Cheers.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bike+hire+dublin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Although a few "Dublin Commuter Bikes " on the spin would be a novelty too.

Cheers.

Not sure how much pleasure I could take in victory if I saddled him with one of the Dublin Bikes lol!

We are in our final drive to get numbers up for the leisure cycle.
    Entries will be taken on the day.
    All entrants who sign up due to this thread will be entered in a draw for a Ras Jersey and one for all vouchers.
    Please pm me your sign up name so I can confirm if you are a winner.

• Advertisement

How many participants are you hopefully expecting?

How many participants are you hopefully expecting?

Difficult to estimate with the on the day sign on and because of that more weather dependent than a pre sign up event.
    I guess 500 or so would be both acceptable and manageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How do we register online?

http://www.activeglobal.com/ie/cycling/dunboyne-ireland/dunboyne-cycling-festival-2011

"Registration for this event is not currently available on Active.com. Please check the event organiser's website for more information. "

edit: "Can I enter after the closing date of May 17th?". OK, so online entry is now presumably closed.

Lumen wrote: »
    How do we register online?

http://www.activeglobal.com/ie/cycling/dunboyne-ireland/dunboyne-cycling-festival-2011

"Registration for this event is not currently available on Active.com. Please check the event organiser's website for more information. "

edit: "Can I enter after the closing date of May 17th?". OK, so online entry is now presumably closed.

Yes, and sorry your were late for the online entry.
    You can still sign on the day but now with a 10 Euro surcharge.
    If anybody else out there is late, all the info you need is on the FAQ page on the website. Thanks to all for your interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks to the organisers, we had a great time on the 15k family cycle.

I'm off to chop up sections of 2x4 to recreate some of the post-cycle obstacle course.

Now, where to acquire a Garda traffic cone....

Did the 120km, very well organised, very enjoyable despite the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

I did the 60km. This was my first event and despite the wind and some rain I loved every minute. No doubt an experience to repeat.

Special thanks:
    To one of the members of the local club that told me, while we were waiting on the starting line about the legends and the An Post pro team that were at the event. For you the best of luck for tomorrow real race.
    The lad ridding a Cube that from time to time appeared beside me and asked how I was feeling.
    The Staggs Cycling Club member that rode with me until Lucan, without you I'll still be lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Great time on the family fun run. They say you should not meet your heros, but that does not apply to Eamon Coughlan who is an absolute gentleman. Well done to all the organisers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

inkedpt wrote: »
    The Staggs Cycling Club member that rode with me until Lucan, without you I'll still be lost.
    That was myself, glad you enjoyed the cycle today. Keep it up you'll be doing 60k easy in no time!

Thanks to all the organisers, enjoyed the cycling and the route, even if it was training for next weekend's around the mountains (for which I need the practice).

Any pictures of this anywhere? please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement