Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energie Fitness (old jackie skellys) gym in drogheda

Options
  • 08-05-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering is anyone/has anyone been a member of this gym before?
    I want to join but would like some idea on prices, what you get with the membership; personal trainer, personalised workouts etc.

Their website doesnt doesnt have too much info:
    http://www.energiefitness.ie/drogheda/default.asp

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

CMpunked wrote: »
    I was wondering is anyone/has anyone been a member of this gym before?
    I want to join but would like some idea on prices, what you get with the membership; personal trainer, personalised workouts etc.

Their website doesnt doesnt have too much info:
    http://www.energiefitness.ie/drogheda/default.asp

Thanks guys.
    been in there a few times on one day passes etc, its a lot nicer then aura, brilliant facilites, nice pool and everything, but when it was jackie skellys they were a pain for ringing you trying to get you to join. memberships were pricey from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

antz182 wrote: »
    been in there a few times on one day passes etc, its a lot nicer then aura, brilliant facilites, nice pool and everything, but when it was jackie skellys they were a pain for ringing you trying to get you to join. memberships were pricey from what I remember.

Cheers for that. I hope it is a good deal cheaper than when they were JS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bawbaro

Hi, I just join integral, and I think is great.. and good value for money

bawbaro wrote: »
    Hi, I just join integral, and I think is great.. and good value for money

What did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

u know how much the one day passes were??

• Advertisement

PinkFly wrote: »
    u know how much the one day passes were??
    free usually, best way to do it is to ring up "enquiring" about joining, say you want to see what the facliities are like, go along and listen to their bs for a while and there ya go :D

nice!!! i love freebies....

got a weeks free membership last week in Aura cant bate it!!!

PinkFly wrote: »
    nice!!! i love freebies....

got a weeks free membership last week in Aura cant bate it!!!
    How'd you manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I was a member when it was JS. Was there for about a year. It was ok, the spinning classes were good, but the pool was full all the time with swimming lessons :mad: It was so fustrating!
    Not as fustrating as when I went to cancel my membership! I was told when I signed up that I could leave after 6 months with no penalty and if not, the membership would continue on a month-to-month basis. So I rang up after a year and asked to cancel and they told me I had to pay two months fee to cancel. Naturally I was not best pleased so I instructed my bank to cancel my direct debit, which prompted a very long winded process of JS sending me threatening letters and me ringing them and giving out stink to the person on the end of the phone! Anyway, after a while they got the idea, but I defo wouldn't recommend them!
    Maybe they have changed now that JS are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Matrix fitness have fairly decent rates at the minute...
    not sure what the general consensus is with the place is though?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i recently joined aura cause i wanted a mixture of swimming, spinning and gym. they had a student rate so i picked them over energie. also the spinning class is in a seperate room to the gym, the less people watching that the better :)

sorry for sounding so stupid, but what exactly is a 'spinning' class?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OVs4UDb--Qg/TN_00GuIXQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/kAkE_Voez4Q/s1600/spinning.jpg

a group cycling class, quite intense, great for cardio and burning calories

or in my case if your injured and cant run for a few weeks :o

there's nothing you can do that will make you sweat more!

you can pay as you go in aura if you want to try out any of the classes or the gym

and im sure energie will let you try the gym out for free if you ask

How'd you manage that?

they were giving them out at my sons swimming lesson last week....the forms are sittin on their counters tho....

im delighted.... was at d blt class today and cannot wait for the water aerobics tomoz.... :P

has ne1 been to that intergral one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Untz

does anybody actually know the price of a membership with energie? seems to be the best kept secret in dubin?!

3 month anytime membership?

Untz wrote: »
    does anybody actually know the price of a membership with energie? seems to be the best kept secret in dubin?!

3 month anytime membership?

If its anything like drogheda, its 49p/m.
    Why dont you just call them and ask? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

CMpunked wrote: »
    If its anything like drogheda, its 49p/m.
    Why dont you just call them and ask? :confused:
    i pay €49 per month for me and 2 kids hth

Advertisement