Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herbicide price check

• 08-05-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

I was idly browsing in a local hardware shop, thought I'd take down a few prices to compare them with the rest of the country.

1 litre Grazon 90 €58 ( :eek: )
    5 litre Gallup 360 €37.50
    20 litre of same €110
    5 litre Asulox €110
    20 litre Mortone €70

The Grazon 90 seems terribly expensive to me? Never seen it before never mind use it, but I think it was suggest to me in place of Brushwood killer last year, the BK was only around €40 a lite.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

johngalway wrote: »
    I was idly browsing in a local hardware shop, thought I'd take down a few prices to compare them with the rest of the country.

1 litre Grazon 90 €58 ( :eek: )
    5 litre Gallup 360 €37.50
    20 litre of same €110
    5 litre Asulox €110
    20 litre Mortone €70

The Grazon 90 seems terribly expensive to me? Never seen it before never mind use it, but I think it was suggest to me in place of Brushwood killer last year, the BK was only around €40 a lite.

thought 20L gallop was only about 80 in kerry agri last autumn..could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dukey

grazon 90. 45
    gallup/roundup 5 ltr. 35
    same in a 20 ltr 70/80
    10 ltr 50% mcpa 42
    3 ltr doxstar 90.

a 1 ltr of grazon 90 will do 11 15ltr knapsacks and no other product will cover the variety of weeds it will, nettles,docks,thistles,briars,furse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

I think if I filled the boot of my car with spray I'd get a weekend in Connemara out of the profit.

I can't quote prices on here because we buy through a group but at those prices it'd be well worth shopping early and maybe travelling a little.

The other thing is that economies of scale do count and you do need to try to keep local businesses viable, you wouldn't want to have to be running half way across the country for every little thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I can only compare on one price as I dont use the sprays that you mention. Anyway Glyphosate 20l @ €45 is only price I have. Spray is one thing where there is a massive margin. I have a number of reps looking for the business each year. Im now dealing with a local ish fellow who is a small operator and he is still able to provide the same chemical much cheaper. eg - everyone else quotes €190+ for a particular chemical he is under €150. thats a sizeable difference when your using allot of that chem.

funnily John, your probably living not too far from the chemical company supplying a third of the irish market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

nilhg wrote: »
    The other thing is that economies of scale do count and you do need to try to keep local businesses viable, you wouldn't want to have to be running half way across the country for every little thing?

I know what you're saying. But I don't like being taken for a ride either ;) Last year there was an €11 price difference between two shops for one litre of Brushwood Killer. They're less than 10 miles apart...

Dad has a lot of spraying for me to do this year, and I've a bit myself. On that scale it'd likely pay me to go half way across country.
    funnily John, your probably living not too far from the chemical company supplying a third of the irish market

Hygeia? Yeah, about 50 miles from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

johngalway wrote: »
    I know what you're saying. But I don't like being taken for a ride either ;) Last year there was an €11 price difference between two shops for one litre of Brushwood Killer. They're less than 10 miles apart...

Dad has a lot of spraying for me to do this year, and I've a bit myself. On that scale it'd likely pay me to go half way across country.

Hygeia? Yeah, about 50 miles from them.

Or croplink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

. Anyway Glyphosate 20l @ €45 is only price I have.

Any harm to ask where you got that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

D-50: 16 yo-yos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

farmco were doing glyphos 20l at 65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

sprays are like all pharma products I suppose, patent protected for a number of years?

• Advertisement

reilig wrote: »
    Any harm to ask where you got that ?

old season stock bought at the begining of the year, phosate prices has risen a nice bit since.

yeah, croplink down in Ballyvaughan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Thistlex 3 litre 130 Glanbia Mullingar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 manor17

1litre grazon 90 45 euro connacht gold castlebar last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 westcorktom

farmco are the cheapest for roundup at the moment 55 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

http://www.magentadirect.ie/index.php are usually fairy compeditive though it is ususlly is worth your while still pricing Grazon 90 46.75 euro
    glyphospate 75 euos microwipe licker 45 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Poor Farmer in the hills

are there no on-line suppliers of agri-chemicals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

are there no on-line suppliers of agri-chemicals

agridirect.ie in Cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭99nsr125

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Thistlex 3 litre 130 Glanbia Mullingar

FARMCO Thistles

3 litre 80 ex vat; delivered by courier to my door :-)

It's exactly the same as Dow "Thistlex"

99nsr125 wrote: »
    FARMCO Thistles

3 litre 80 ex vat; delivered by courier to my door :-)

It's exactly the same as Dow "Thistlex"

and it even has a PCS number :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

D-50: 16 yo-yos

hi bogman,

is D50 the chemical to kill yellow flag iris or flaggers as some people call them!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement