Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Smoking

Options
  • 08-05-2011 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Hi, basically i am one of those idiots who once an oz of beer has passed my lips decides hes dying for a cigarette, ive been doing it for years now, however i still cant stomach a fag when im sober ive never even craved one at all.

so basically anyone got any advice on how to kick the habit and yet still have a social life!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,004 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The problem with social smoking is part of it is going outside and having a bit of craic. I still find it hard not to go out for a smoke when I'm in a pub and I've been off the fags about 6 years.

There's no real way of getting over it other than just gritting your teeth and not succumbing to it. Something which does get very hard the more pints you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

I was out two weeks ago and i lasted till around half 12 and then like a fookin g0b****e i went out and had around ten cigarettes by the end of the night. Not only do i get pissed off, but all my non smokin friends rip the piss out of me and the hangover the next day when ive smoked is torture.

Advertisement