Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replace sky+hd with dreambox800

• 08-05-2011 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

pretty much what the thread title says, i've come in to around a grand and want to replace my sky+ hd box with a dreambox, not sure how to go about it, anyone willing to help?
    Phaze
    on the "watching dr who confidential and also confuzzled" ID

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Get a Vu+ Duo. Twin tuners, runs Enigma2 and a heck of a lot cheaper than a twin tuner Dreambox.

And start brushing up on Linux!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Phazedup

thanks rlogue,

I've looked in to this it seems suitable (assuming it includes the CAM aisde of things.

Don't really need to brush up on linux, I'm posting this form my netbook running ubuntu with Firefox :D

one quick Q, the specs on the ever reliable Wikipedia (spits) it doesn't do 3-D, I'm not atually that fussed about the 3-d side figure I can always plug the card in.

Do you know if it's tricky to set up, I'm not looking for you to tell me what to do, but links to FAQs or problems/solutions other have had would be helpful.

Phaze
    on the "fiddling with an external Microphone on me netbook and depating what to do this evenign" ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Phazedup wrote: »
    Phaze
    on the "fiddling with an external Microphone on me netbook and depating what to do this evenign" ID
    Phazedup wrote: »
    Phaze
    on the "watching dr who confidential and also confuzzled" ID
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Phazedup

@jdxtra.
    the Id thing is somethign i tack on to the end of every post, thanks to a near eidatic memory I have never repeated one, across around 12 years and 30k + posts, it's just a thing I do.
    Phaze

on the "TBH JDxtra you are not the first one to be confused by this behaviour, but hey, you got name checked in one, be happy" ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You seem mental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement