Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD library access

Options
  • 08-05-2011 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

General Library Information: Students and staff may borrow from any of the six DIT Library sites on production of their DIT ID card and have electronic access to their library account whereby they may view, renew and place holds on items. Undergraduate students can request letters of referral to use TCD Library or other academic libraries.

From my course document. Do other courses have this? Has anyone ever got this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

wolfric wrote: »
    From my course document. Do other courses have this? Has anyone ever got this?

Yes. You get the DIT librarian to write you a letter of referral. One referral equals one 'pass' to TCD library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 littleaoibh

Music also has this. Music students can request to get a 'musicpal' card which can be used in any college that has a music section to it. I've used it in TCD and all I have to do is show them the card and they give me a one day pass. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Sure i'll check on monday when they're open but pity it's only a one day thing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

wolfric wrote: »
    Sure i'll check on monday when they're open but pity it's only a one day thing then.

A one day pass, not a one-time thing only. You just need a referral each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Rasmus wrote: »
    A one day pass, not a one-time thing only. You just need a referral each time.

How long does it normally take to get it written (ie on the spot or a week or so?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement