Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl or Aldi Cottage Cheese

• 08-05-2011 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hello all,
    could anybody tell me the price and size of tubs of cottage cheese in lidl or aldi.also is there cottage cheese free off added ingredients, sugar etc.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

the ones in lidl are200g and 49c.
    aldi's are 300g and cant remember the price.
    No added sugar in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

they're both grand but the regular fat one from lidl is by far the nicest tasting one imo. 200gms, 26gm protein and lovely taste.

Aldi are all lower fat ones and are grand too - 300gms, 89c i think - i like the chives and onion one, simply as i need a bit of taste because it does not taste as nice without the fat imho. I remedy this by adding in greek yogurt or creme fraiche!!

Same with tesco - 300gm for 99c but its lower fat and doesn't tatse anywhere near as nice as the yoplait full fat one - but yoplait are crazily overpriced compared to the others (225gm for 1.55)

In some european food shops, the cottage cheeses are cheaper and lovely.

That's my 2c on cottage cheese anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I haven't tried the Aldi one but I'm with meta on the regular fat lidl one being good gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

they're both grand but the regular fat one from lidl is by far the nicest tasting one imo. 200gms, 26gm protein and lovely taste.

Aldi are all lower fat ones and are grand too - 300gms, 89c i think - i like the chives and onion one, simply as i need a bit of taste because it does not taste as nice without the fat imho. I remedy this by adding in greek yogurt or creme fraiche!!

Same with tesco - 300gm for 99c but its lower fat and doesn't tatse anywhere near as nice as the yoplait full fat one - but yoplait are crazily overpriced compared to the others (225gm for 1.55)

In some european food shops, the cottage cheeses are cheaper and lovely.

That's my 2c on cottage cheese anyway!!

Agreed on Aldi chive and onion....very nice....I also sprinkle some Sumac or Smoked Paprika to give it a kick. Nice to have spoon of this on baked sweet potato too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Would eating a tub of the Lidl cottage cheese at 1 sitting be a
    healthy choice ?, I need to keep eye on my cholesterol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Lidl cottage cheese is sublime imo. It's the only one I can completely plain. My second fav would be the Aldi one with chives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

FMG wrote: »
    Would eating a tub of the Lidl cottage cheese at 1 sitting be a
    healthy choice ?, I need to keep eye on my cholesterol.
    yes. you have to keep your eye on sugar if your cholesterol is high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Lidl one is by far the nicest out of all of them

Advertisement