Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you wanted to be a **** about it, yes
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So I cam buy game and technically give it to my friend too?

You can but you shouldn't. CDProjecktRed look like they could be the next Valve and deserve our support (hopefully).

Pre-purchase and pre-load are now live on gog.com

hrm, what's the deal with the free game and gog credit.. do we have to wait until release day?

--edit

ah, no. it's in an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

if you wanted to be a **** about it, yes
    :)

I know lad. I was just confused lol. How can they give just a file and no drm... I really want a good few games from there... Do those games work on win7?

hrm, what's the deal with the free game and gog credit.. do we have to wait until release day?

--edit

ah, no. it's in an email.

Apparently the first batch of e-mails sent out were bugged and the only way to see the redeem link is to view it as plain text rather than html. They will be re-sending the links though if you're not in a hurry. I don't know what the craic is with the store credit though.

• Advertisement

I know lad. I was just confused lol. How can they give just a file and no drm... I really want a good few games from there... Do those games work on win7?

That's one of the great things about gog, they make sure the games are as playable as possible even on todays operating systems.
    gog.com wrote:
    4. All games are Vista and XP compatible.

Thanks to our handsome programming team, the classics are now Windows Vista and Windows XP compatible. Now you can use your lightning-fast PC to unleash the full potential of those games you just couldn't play properly on that busted old 386.

yeah, thats the whole point of gog

they take really old games and fix em up so that they work in win7, so you can just download them and play instead of fiddling about for four hours trying to get it to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Got Total Annihilation off gog, works perfectly on Windows 7 after 14 years!

I got gothic 2 as my free rpg, and descent 1 & 2 with my 5.99 coupon

have to wait until the witcher 1 is off sale before I can use my 9.99 coupon to buy it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So I can preload with GoG or steam?

• Advertisement

gog, dont think you can preload with steam.
    maybe you can, I dunno.
    but gog is a better deal anyway

no drm, exact same price, you get to directly contribute to the creator of the game, and you get a free rpg + 16 euro credit at gog.com

take a look through their catalogue and tell me there isnt' 16 euro you'd like to spend there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I pre-ordered from work, and got the cheaper 45 US$ price, which was nice. I think it due our location not showing up as Ireland, when its checked by web sites :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

started first one. i really enjoying it so far, got used to combat, so i am flying it now!

I gave up waiting for the witcher 1 to go off sale, so I used my 9.99 coupon to get Painkiller.

I'll just get the witcher for 5 dollars cash money next week

wes wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from work, and got the cheaper 45 US$ price, which was nice. I think it due our location not showing up as Ireland, when its checked by web sites :D.

It's because they stopped detecting your location via geo-ip.

The reason they did this was because, in certain situations, location detection could cause issues for the customer and since gog is all about the customer they decided it was best to let us tell them where we were.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the game being slightly censored in Australia and they were very clear about this. If the people in Australia lie about their location in order to gain access to an uncensored version of the game then that's their problem for being immoral.

It also means that if we were immoral liars then we could get the game for the cheaper American price. We're not though......

I went onto gog.com today and they wanted €45 for preorder and there was nothing about $16 dollar store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

wes wrote: »

I've been doing that on Gamersgate for a few months now at home. They seem to think I'm in US for some reason (I'm on UPC). It's great, I've been getting games for about 20 quid since christmas.

I went onto gog.com today and they wanted €45 for preorder and there was nothing about $16 dollar store credit.

have you checked that your location is set to a european country?

failing that, post on the gog forums. they're normally pretty good about getting back to you.

have you checked that your location is set to a european country?

failing that, post on the gog forums. they're normally pretty good about getting back to you.

I tried a different pc in work and was able to get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801811/all-witcher-2-dlc-will-be-free-developer-assures

All DLC to be free, with the only paid parts being expansion packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I will but this , solely on the fact i bought the first and found it provided excellent value for money, excellent story, long game, good voice acting, good gameplay, excellent support afterwards.

hold on, good voice acting?

some of the voice acting in the witcher 1 was terrible but luckily enough it was so terrible it came out the other side and became awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

hold on, good voice acting?

some of the voice acting in the witcher 1 was terrible but luckily enough it was so terrible it came out the other side and became awesome.
    its not a masterclass of voice acting , but it aint as bad as say resident evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41TAy7RfVI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Unhurried gameplay takes about 24 hours.

hrms....

while still great value at 45 euro for 24 hours.. I was kinda hoping for more

hopefully I suck more than the reviewer did at the game.
    Therefore, the game became a lot more arcadey than its predecessor, following changes in the genre which happened in the recent years.

arcadey?
    :/
    i dont really know what that means but... i don't see how it'd be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I imagine playing on Legendary (or whatever the top difficulty setting is called) will add a bit to the play time. I still haven't quite finished the first, but I'm certainly picking this up.

the game unlocks at 8am tomorrow morning, just in case any of you are jobless bums or students like myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the game unlocks at 8am tomorrow morning, just in case any of you are jobless bums or students like myself.

Just another reason to hate jobless bums and students :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

While my fancy collectors edition is in the post, and I'm stuck waiting.

Advertisement