Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I was thinking of geting that.. but i was afraid my bust of duke nukem from the duke nukem CE would just beat up geralt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Sarky wrote: »
    I imagine playing on Legendary (or whatever the top difficulty setting is called) will add a bit to the play time. I still haven't quite finished the first, but I'm certainly picking this up.

Isn't that the one which quits the game and nukes the hard drive if you die :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

the game unlocks at 8am tomorrow morning, just in case any of you are jobless bums or students like myself.

If you bought from GOG. If you bought from Steam, it unlocks at 6pm. I hope those TF2 hats were worth it for the people who pre-ordered from steam :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cant wait for this game tomorrow

If you bought from GOG. If you bought from Steam, it unlocks at 6pm. I hope those TF2 hats were worth it for the people who pre-ordered from steam :pac:

You're getting hats! Dammit, should have pre-ordered through Steam :mad:

• Advertisement

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damn you!
    My copy should have arrived yesterday (shipped on Friday and I live in the UK), but Play.com delivery speeds seem to suck massively these days...

Going to advise my missus not to expect anything but grunts from me tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

anyone found a place thats selling the swanky collectors edition? looked at game.co.uk but the shipping was bringing it to over 100 sterling :(

This is taking incredibly long to install, first it had to verify the integrity of all the files through the dowloader, then it had to verify all the files, twice, when I went to install it, now it's only half way installed and I've been at this for an hour.

I want to play this NOW dammit!

played it for an hour or so.. not really enjoying it

graphics are shiny and all, but the combat is pretty ****ing horrible. Im not fond of the new inventory or item selection menus at all, same with the conversations. Hopefully it will grow on me in time but so far it's a big fat meh from me.

also
    can only drink potions while meditating? what the blind ****.

witcher1 spoiled below possibly
    I sided with the chick that wasnt triss, gave her the child and all that.. but at the start of witcher 2 after imporeting my save I'm in bed with triss and we're being all lovey dovey. when I finished witcher 1 she ****ing hated me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

graphics are shiny and all

When I saw the trailers I thought that there was way too much bloom and stuff going on, didnt look great imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

While im stuck at steam servers are to busy, cant even install the fecking thing

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

tman wrote: »
    Going to advise my missus not to expect anything but grunts from me tonight!

giggity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

played it for an hour or so.. not really enjoying it

graphics are shiny and all, but the combat is pretty ****ing horrible. Im not fond of the new inventory or item selection menus at all, same with the conversations. Hopefully it will grow on me in time but so far it's a big fat meh from me.

also

witcher1 spoiled below possibly
    I sided with the chick that wasnt triss, gave her the child and all that.. but at the start of witcher 2 after imporeting my save I'm in bed with triss and we're being all lovey dovey. when I finished witcher 1 she ****ing hated me.
    Women are fickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Spunge wrote: »

hahaha, what an absolute dribbler.

Lol at the tattoo.

So im playing this at the moment

Graphics are superb and im loving it

I didnt play the 1st one so I think that explains why the 2nd has a steep learning curve imo. Its a damn hard game to get grip with tbh

SO in the tutorial level
    I came across the first monster in the sewards and how the **** do you beat it and then his pal joins in too, like wtf

It's to keep it more inline with how the potions worked in the story, the only example previous to this being the cutscene in 1 when he goes to fight the Striga. The potions are a vital part of Geralts preparation for battle, he doesn't consume them during battle. It's a bit of a change but with adaptation it's fine. The only problem is that it encourages repetition when things go wrong.
    Headshot wrote: »
    SO in the tutorial level
    I came across the first monster in the sewards and how the **** do you beat it and then his pal joins in too, like wtf

I didn't even realise that was a different monster until I had killed it and found a mutagen on it. The only advice I can offer is to make sure you're using your Silver sword.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how mine would run it ?

I got
    3.0 Ghz e7200 C2D
    512MB 4850
    4GB RAM

I really like my fps, i hate if it ever goes below 30, dont care about graphics too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

My computer crashed trying to run the system-requirements tool. So that's probably a "no".

Spunge wrote: »
    Anyone know how mine would run it ?

I got
    3.0 Ghz e7200 C2D
    512MB 4850
    4GB RAM

I really like my fps, i hate if it ever goes below 30, dont care about graphics too much.

You may need to tone down the textures with only 5123MB of RAM but everything else should be fine, it's close to my setup which is having no problems on mostly high.

E6320 @ 3.2GHz
    HD4870
    4GB RAM

You may need to tone down the textures with only 5123MB of RAM but everything else should be fine, it's close to my setup which is having no problems on mostly high.

E6320 @ 3.2GHz
    HD4870
    4GB RAM

sweet, thanks. Also my monitor only goes up to 1440*900 so thats a bit less processing needed there, what res do you run at ?

Oh, forget to mention, it's 1680x1050 so a little bit higher than yours.

well, the game has completelyu ****ing bugged out for me.

my swords are just gone, they're not equipped and they're not in my inventory. I loaded up several different saves and it's the same, no swords. Just whatever miscellaneous weapons I'd picked up when i'd made any particular save, pickaxes or blackjacks.

geralt wont roll to dodge anymore either, he just runs sideways.
    it was working perfectly last night, all I did was close the program and just opened it up a few minutes ago.
    what the ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

After the pain of waiting an extra day for mine to arrive the goddamn CD key isn't working!
    It just flashes up "checking for updates", then closes:(

Gonna have to wait for their support team to get back to me now

well, the game has completelyu ****ing bugged out for me.

my swords are just gone, they're not equipped and they're not in my inventory. I loaded up several different saves and it's the same, no swords. Just whatever miscellaneous weapons I'd picked up when i'd made any particular save, pickaxes or blackjacks.

geralt wont roll to dodge anymore either, he just runs sideways.
    it was working perfectly last night, all I did was close the program and just opened it up a few minutes ago.
    what the ****.

You didn't leave you swords behind you in a chest or something like after you came out from Loredo's house?

Failing that are there any older save games that you could use?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this freeroam like fallout?

Advertisement