Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Skerries wrote: »
    Odrin!

ugh, ****ing hearing that word repeated over and over again drove me mental
    never did find the bastard in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ugh, ****ing hearing that word repeated over and over again drove me mental
    never did find the bastard in the end

Almost as bad as 'so he puts the pigs eye between his buttocks...'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    only just picked this up.

Noticed it has gamepad support. Can anyone tell me if its easier or harder or not much difference between the two? I tried it with gamepad and have died twice now in the first major engagement over the ballista. :( not my proudest moment. Thinking it could be too much of a pain aiming wise with gamepad and should go with kb instead?

Don't feel bad about dying at the start. They pretty much throw you in the deep end. As for the gamepad vs. mouse/keyboard, i'd recommend sticking with mouse and keyboard. It's just a preference, but combat and menu's are much easier navigated with the keyboard (imo). I only played with the pad for a few minutes though, so it might just be a 'get used to it' kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

For once, in an rpg, i wish there was more stuff to read. I'm getting a little confused about all the kingdoms and characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, this game goes in to my top 3 most favorite games ever. :p

i am only in chapter 2, but this game just plain awesome. It goes back to the roots of gaming, where you were not in wheelchair and had someone holding your hand every 5 secs.

got a work/quest in chapter 2. i wount go to details and spoilers, but i was told to find "prove". No help, no hints, no "wink wink". You go, and find it. it took me some time, but i freaking got it with no help! i did not had that satisfaction in awile. you actuolly challanged, and when you beat the challange properly it makes it even sweeter!

once again, fair play to developers. Game that challanges, makes a smile in your face, has interesting story, list goes on and on.

i havent finished it yet, but i cant wait to play second time. it will be totally different story! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

okay, this game goes in to my top 3 most favorite games ever. :p

i am only in chapter 2....
    Your opinion of the game may change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Jilm wrote: »
    Your opinion of the game may change.
    For better? or for worse?

Same...

So far it was not just good, but brilliant. I know there is allways space to feck up, but I can't see it happen unless he knows something that we don't.

I did got burned on fallout new Vegas, if was allright in beginning. Then I did a main quest and it ****ted it self like a champ.

i am only in chapter 2, but this game just plain awesome. It goes back to the roots of gaming, where you were not in wheelchair and had someone holding your hand every 5 secs.

if you liked that then you'll like Risen
    i hadn't heard of it but got it free with a graphics card i bought and played it and it is very good and am looking forward to the sequel coming out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Yeah there wasn't much hype around Risen so i kind of didnt bother and DA:O came out shortly after, but i did love the Gothic series so i should probably try that when i finish TW2. I do get memories of gothic playing the witcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

On my second playthrough, I quit around the third chapter.

Chapter 1 was strong, the second was OK and the third was a bit of a disappointment. Maybe if the developers had focused on
    one path in chapter 2 instead of trying to do two
    , they would have had more time to flesh out the last chapter.

yeah
    the third chapter was pretty dissapointing. I remember playing it, then all of a sudden it was finished. was kinda.. wtf?

--edit

also, from steam
    Another way that the new content system improves the bandwidth picture is by requiring each user to download less data. With the Steam content system that’s been in place for a few years now, if an individual file on disk were modified by a game update, your client had to download the whole file. That can be painful when the file in question is really large. The new system supports delivering only the differences between the old and new files, meaning game updates will be much smaller overall.

that's gona make it alot easier for steam users to patch witcher2. I remember a few people complaining about that.

well i got more i9n to chapter two, so far briliant again. got to interesting bit, but i just saved and getting a break.

i like to space out my gaming ;)

Just finished it...

Don't know how I feel about it now. Is it me or is it very short? I guess multiple choises make up for it and I want to try second Time.

Good game, but it ended like most of recent games I bothered finishing...

Good game and choices you make really makes you think for awile. Sometimes regret. Mass effect looks like coloring book in this case comparing to witcher 2 bible.

I have a feeling I mist alot of stuff during my first play.

Setting for witcher 3 or dlc looks promising too.

I guess when I am disappointed that game is finished is a good sign. It was a good ride ;)

yeah
    the third chapter was pretty dissapointing. I remember playing it, then all of a sudden it was finished. was kinda.. wtf?

--edit

also, from steam

that's gona make it alot easier for steam users to patch witcher2. I remember a few people complaining about that.

agree with you too on this one.
    when i was in chapter 3 i was confused, as you were not in settlement, but allready in **** storm. it did not looked like a quest hub like bouth chapters before. fighting dragon was such a pain in a hole! took me 25 mins in phase 2, not becouse it was har, but becouse it was like cleaning a public toilet with toothbrush! i dont know why they let us to choose things in last chapter and prologue as it did not influence ending at all, it just stoped! REALLY loved the game, but ending looked like rushed job. developers got themselfs in possition where there are so many losse ends and it will be a nightmare to make any sort of sence in witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I guess when I am disappointed that game is finished is a good sign.

If i even finish a game it's a good sign. 90% of the time i get bored and quit.

agree with you too on this one.
    when i was in chapter 3 i was confused, as you were not in settlement, but allready in **** storm. it did not looked like a quest hub like bouth chapters before. fighting dragon was such a pain in a hole! took me 25 mins in phase 2, not becouse it was har, but becouse it was like cleaning a public toilet with toothbrush! i dont know why they let us to choose things in last chapter and prologue as it did not influence ending at all, it just stoped! REALLY loved the game, but ending looked like rushed job. developers got themselfs in possition where there are so many losse ends and it will be a nightmare to make any sort of sence in witcher 3.

I had fully intended to go straight into another playthrough after finishing it up first, to try iorveths quest path instead of the other guys.. but that ****ing dragon just killed the game on me. it felt like i was hacking away at it for an hour, and I was just so annoyed that it sucked any desire to replay out of me.
    It's about a month later now and I still haven't done iorveths quests. I know I should, but every time I think about playing it I just get annoyed at that ****ing dragon again.

Spunge wrote: »
    If i even finish a game it's a good sign. 90% of the time i get bored and quit.
    have same thing m8. there is a ton of games, that i havent finished yet. some i havent, becouse of online multiplaer with lads, the ather that they are pure ****.

l.a. noire is perfect example - i think i was on 4th case overall in that game and i just meh at it. newer came back to it.

witcher 2 - played played played, now it ended i am sad panda :(. i hope they will add some extra content to it soon, they did mentioned that all dlcs will be for free. in all fairness i would not even mind to pay for it as it was very good quality game.

i gues i still got atleast 1-2 times to finish the game to see ather sides.

what level did you play at?
    i fought the Dragon at normal and i beat it first time in a few minutes and was surprised how short the battle was, even went back to see what happens when i didn't kill it

I had fully intended to go straight into another playthrough after finishing it up first, to try iorveths quest path instead of the other guys.. but that ****ing dragon just killed the game on me. it felt like i was hacking away at it for an hour, and I was just so annoyed that it sucked any desire to replay out of me.
    It's about a month later now and I still haven't done iorveths quests. I know I should, but every time I think about playing it I just get annoyed at that ****ing dragon again.

• Advertisement

it wasn't the hardest level, it was the level below that... I think.

I got it down to sfa health on the hardest level, after like.. half an hour to an hours fighting it.. and then it just killed me. so I bumped the difficulty down to normal and killed it, but it was still irritating. normal mode was kind of retarded.. you just can't die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

New Patch to be released soon...i hope! With some free dlc to boot.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/18/bonus-witcheriness-for-no-pennies/

Burgo wrote: »
    New Patch to be released soon...i hope! With some free dlc to boot.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/18/bonus-witcheriness-for-no-pennies/

nice!

i was wondering how they will give new quests and content... i would actuolly love to see some more quests and stuff for chapter 3 :(. or like fallout 3 did, just extend it and change ending.

they add item storage now! bah!

Skerries wrote: »
    they add item storage now! bah!

in all fairness... why? i loved the way its done originally. you get feck all money for trashed weapons anyway, and finaly when i played i did not needed to be hoarding... i just took stuff what i wanted to use...

i need to start it again and take the roach side this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Tis a fantastic game and i'm very much enjoying it, but the 'bosses' really are annoying me. They're very repetitive and difficult with usually one false move resulting in a near instant death. Gets very frustrating after a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tis a fantastic game and i'm very much enjoying it, but the 'bosses' really are annoying me. They're very repetitive and difficult with usually one false move resulting in a near instant death. Gets very frustrating after a while.

I thought i'd strayed into the Demons Souls thread there for a second :pac:

Once you learn a bosses patterns, they aren't that hard. There was only really 1 or 2 that i found really tough, but i eventually got past them (difficulty slider did move once or twice though :P)

Wait for big flying lizard ... I suggest cancel all your appointments for the night lol.

Great great game. Will go second time to see atherside of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Wait for big flying lizard ... I suggest cancel all your appointments for the night lol.

Great great game. Will go second time to see atherside of the story.

That's what i'm on now.... Lethro was a bit of a challenge, didn't have any trouble with any of the others. It's just this stupid dragon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Just finished it.....THATS IT!?! Rubbish ending. Was expecting another chapter. Oh well.

Enjoyed it overall. Wanted to like it more though.

The dialogue trees along along with the terrible voice acting make them a chore, especially the longer the game went on. They make what's probably a very good story feel boring imo.

The boss battle at the end.
    I wanted to kill him, but the fight was so dull and was gong to take so long that i simply loaded up a previous save and choose to let him go.
    Felt that way for a few of the battles, though some I though were very good too.

Still kind of want to play it through again though. I'd make different choices if I could and maybe spend more time on the character development side, as I don't think i got all that powerful by the end of the game.

Advertisement