Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

el dude wrote: »
    Just finished it.....THATS IT!?! Rubbish ending. Was expecting another chapter. Oh well.

Enjoyed it overall. Wanted to like it more though.

The dialogue trees along along with the terrible voice acting make them a chore, especially the longer the game went on. They make what's probably a very good story feel boring imo.

The boss battle at the end.
    I wanted to kill him, but the fight was so dull and was gong to take so long that i simply loaded up a previous save and choose to let him go.
    Felt that way for a few of the battles, though some I though were very good too.

Still kind of want to play it through again though. I'd make different choices if I could and maybe spend more time on the character development side, as I don't think i got all that powerful by the end of the game.

ending is a really bad point of the game. you get all warmed up and it just ends... considering how good chapter 1 and 2 were.

i found dialog very good. good voice acting. great jokes etc.

i want to start it again, but proogue is a pain in a hole lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-the-witcher/719206

the witcher 2 version 2.0 coming sept 29th

new difficulty mode, same difficulty as insane mode but allows you to save. an arena combat mode like arkham asylums , fixes, updates, dlc and whatnot

looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I know im horribly late to the party but iv only just finished this game tonight. Having loved the first Witcher for just how adult it was I was pretty much blown away by this edition. There's just something about this series that sets it apart from any other RPG in my opinion.

The ending IMO was great. The world doesn't revolve around the witcher, Geralt is just another person in the world and his actions don't necessary change it comepletely.
    I choose to spare Letho. It was so odd. He's a ruthless bastard but his princeples are somewhat sound but at the same time flawed. I loved how he was honest he could of easily killed Geralt in any of the acts if he pleased. At the end of the day I reflected what Geralts role is. He is a monster slayer, he is not Vernon Roche, killing Letho would of gone against his character imo.

On a side note Vernon Roche has to be probably the most bad ass character iv ever played alongside with in a game. I hate RPG's where the people around you are show as quite feeble and how your a almighty god but he really sold the part as Special Forces commander.

I think Witcher 2 is to RPG's what Game of Thrones was to Fantasy (TV) entertainment.

Stev_o wrote: »
    I know im horribly late to the party but iv only just finished this game tonight. Having loved the first Witcher for just how adult it was I was pretty much blown away by this edition. There's just something about this series that sets it apart from any other RPG in my opinion.

The ending IMO was great. The world doesn't revolve around the witcher, Geralt is just another person in the world and his actions don't necessary change it comepletely.
    I choose to spare Letho. It was so odd. He's a ruthless bastard but his princeples are somewhat sound but at the same time flawed. I loved how he was honest he could of easily killed Geralt in any of the acts if he pleased. At the end of the day I reflected what Geralts role is. He is a monster slayer, he is not Vernon Roche, killing Letho would of gone against his character imo.

On a side note Vernon Roche has to be probably the most bad ass character iv ever played alongside with in a game. I hate RPG's where the people around you are show as quite feeble and how your a almighty god but he really sold the part as Special Forces commander.

I think Witcher 2 is to RPG's what Game of Thrones was to Fantasy (TV) entertainment.

well 2.0 is coming out soon too. so i will boot up witcher 2 again!

i have to agree with you. mature themes in this game are just awesome.

now its mature in its content, its hard to explain. Its not like 50x****, 130x**** words used in chapter one, but mature in the way world is and what you do in it.

great sense of humor too. "gerald, come over for a drink with me, drinking alone is as bad as ****ing in company".

this game torchered me by making me to take sides! its not like any other choice rpgs, where you can have just a bit different reply and still stay neutral, here one choice will change the whole game!

i am still a bit worried how will witcher 3 go, there are way to mane multiple ways witcher 2 can be finished...

2.0 just in few days lads!

i updated my game to 1.35 now, but i am waiting for few days to get 2.0 and start on that new dificulty level.

i am planing on taking roaches side this time! oh i cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Stev_o wrote: »

Beat the game a few days ago completely agree with this post, apart from the ending. Just thought there was gonna be another chapter at least. It left loads of things open.

Sisko wrote: »
    Beat the game a few days ago completely agree with this post, apart from the ending. Just thought there was gonna be another chapter at least. It left loads of things open.

i know m8. when i sow the end sign i was like: WTF?!

I had 30++ hours in already, but i was ready for double more of that. i Guess thats a sign of good game, where you want more and not just happy that its over.

even after that ending, i still loved loved loved witcher 2. there is that new quest which came in with patch. i still havent seen roaches side of the story.

problem is witcher 2 really makes you to "moraly" decide. and its very hard for me to choose something that i dont want to do :o. Damn CD project RED, you are too good at what you do!

i really felt for those elfs story! it really felt right for what they were fighting!

someone said that witcher 2 is an alternative to "game of thrones" Series. he is damn right.

i finished witcher ages ago and got my hands on season 1 of game of thrones only few days ago. lets just say this: i watched all 10 episodes 1 hour each in less then 2 days after work...

i need my fix for mature fantasy story like this again... witcher 2.0 or season 2 of game of thrones... would love books, but i barely get time to play games, i am not even talking about books...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CD Projekt have hinted at a possible expansion to Witcher 2 and another game further down the line.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-25-cdp-hints-at-witcher-2-expansion-witcher-3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Moral choices don't simply come down to "Do the bad thing, do the good thing, do the neutral thing". In real life that **** doesn't happen and really the Witcher treats these choices like the real life. You'll have to make tough decisions that you won't necessarily like.

Like one could write pages upon pages about why they choice Iorveth over Roche. No game has come close to portraying characters on a nearly Shakespearian level like The Witcher has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    CD Projekt have hinted at a possible expansion to Witcher 2 and another game further down the line.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-25-cdp-hints-at-witcher-2-expansion-witcher-3
    I was at the talk today, they may as well have straight-up said that there'll be DLC. Some guy asked about a character called Jennifer/Yennifer, and they basically said she'll be in future DLC, too

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    I was at the talk today, they may as well have straight-up said that there'll be DLC. Some guy asked about a character called Jennifer/Yennifer, and they basically said she'll be in future DLC, too

Dlc is a nasty word these days.

It will be update or in expansion.

They already showed so much love to witcher 1 and witcher 2. Cant wait for 29th!!!

The only developer who actuolly cares about it's customers. If someone has a gaming pc and still does not own witcher 2, then they don't deserve a pc gamer name! :)

I have good few friends and they still haven't played it. They just say: yeah yeah, ill try it, but newer go for it... Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

2.0 patch is out.

The game should autoupdate when you start it (not out yet on Steam). You can also get it at the The Witcher website, which also lists a shed-load of new features and changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads im hoping someone can help me out

long story short, I had to reinstall witcher 2, so I thought my saves were gone but I checked the old windows folder and they were in there

So where do I put the witcher 2 folder containing config, downloads and game saves?

I tried putting them in the witcher 2 folder but no luck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Headshot wrote: »
    So where do I put the witcher 2 folder containing config, downloads and game saves?

Those three folders are in My Documents, under the 'Witcher 2' folder. So something like (assuming it's Windows Vista/7)'c:\users\Headshot\Documents\Witcher 2\'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kiith wrote: »
    Those three folders are in My Documents, under the 'Witcher 2' folder. So something like (assuming it's Windows Vista/7)'c:\users\Headshot\Documents\Witcher 2\'

Thanks for the reply Kiith, that has worked like a charm

sound

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-console-the-witcher/726180?

Just seen that amazing trailer for The Witcher 2, it says consoles but only Xbox 360 is in the description.
    17/5/2012 release. I for one cant wait.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-console-the-witcher/726180?

Just seen that amazing trailer for The Witcher 2, it says consoles but only Xbox 360 is in the description.
    17/5/2012 release. I for one cant wait.

just dow trailer and came here to share it with boardsies.

that trailer gave my shivers that blizzard games used to give me...

where is my witcher 2 game, i need to complete it once more!

New trailer for the 360 version released. Pretty damn excellent video. Makes me want to play it again.

New trailer for the 360 version released. Pretty damn excellent video. Makes me want to play it again.

I downloaded witcher 1 on steam last night after seeing this! 14gb like a boss :D. I still haven't finished witcher 1 as I jumped to witcher 2 as soon as it came up!

well, witcher 1 so far is awesome!

like i said - i newer finished witcher 1, so i am on full blast with witcher 1 now, before i reply witcher 2 again.

damn great game, it had really rough feel to it after witcher 2, but when i gone to act 2, i forgot about any outdated stuff in this game. its just plain awesome! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I played about half of TW2 and stopped because I kept getting horrible bugs and just got annoyed. This Enhanced Edition is coming to the PC though for free apparently, might give it another shot when it comes out. Anyone know what the difference will be?

I had only one bug when I played witcher 2. I reloaded from earlyer point and it fixed it self. There were to a of patches with extra content too.

Give it a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

How the hell do you play this game? I JUST KEEP DYING!
    I don't get it. I can't even get past the bit at the very start with the ballista.

Lol you serious?! What problem you got there? It's prety much go and do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Gbear wrote: »
    How the hell do you play this game? I JUST KEEP DYING!
    I don't get it. I can't even get past the bit at the very start with the ballista.

It is tough at the start, but dont give up, the game actually gets easier as you go, new equipment, skills and you figure out combat.

Did you patch it ? I heard the original version of the game was more difficult.

The tutorial can be tough, but take your time and learn to avoid/block any incoming attacks. Timing is very important in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The tutorial can be tough, but take your time and learn to avoid/block any incoming attacks. Timing is very important in it.

yeah, I died quite a bit in the tutorial until I got a handle on the basics of the combat. you have to pay attention to your opponents, dodge/block their attacks, and only attack when they leave themselves exposed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thanks lads... I'm not used to sword fighting games - not as many of them about as shooters, especially for PC. I really like the concept but I just can't seem to get the execution down.

Practice makes perfect I suppose! Just have to be more mindful of working on avoiding as much damage as possible and work my way up from there.

Gbear wrote: »
    Thanks lads... I'm not used to sword fighting games - not as many of them about as shooters, especially for PC. I really like the concept but I just can't seem to get the execution down.

Practice makes perfect I suppose! Just have to be more mindful of working on avoiding as much damage as possible and work my way up from there.

to be honest witchers games have difficulty all over the place. on top of some really difficult parts yo will get an endurance challange too.

stick to it, i promise you, that game is well worth it!

p.s. you got to get drunk with blue stripes. best quest in video game history!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've owned it for ages, never played it. Will set it on download now though , 14 gigs :(

Advertisement