Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fence post driver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Most farm merchants, co-ops, and even rural builders suppliers should have them. Joyces in Recess (Connemara, co. Galway) have them for €58 I think it is.

I'm not familiar with your part of the country, but I'd figure a good starting place would be your local NCF Co-Op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Thanks johngalway looked in ncf and they where asking 70 euro for one that looked every used.This is why I'm looking around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

go to some handy man that does welding,he should have a bit of pipe lying around and would have it made in half hour and would charge 20 -30 tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Two posts in the one day on the same topic!!

I suffer from a chronic hammer disability.

Whether it's a stake or a nail I can't drive em straight.

I got one of those post drivers from the local co-op in January.

Paid €70 and ripped the top cap out of it before I'd driven the first post. Pure and utter cheese, with butter for welds.

So I welded on three strips of two inch flat bar across the top and put a dozen or so welding rods into it.

It'll never move again and the added weight can only be a good thing.

They're a mighty machine. in soft conditions you'll put in pencil posts in two or three whacks, hard and you'll maybe need twice that. and straight too.

So much easier to use than a sledge I reckon too, and the top of the stake wont get mashed up either....

but see if you can get a tidy engineering works to make one maybe, or get a cheap one somewhere and just weld it up before you use it.

Advertisement