Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Toolbar has disapeared

• 08-05-2011 1:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says the Google Toolbar has disappeared from my browser.
    This happened around the time that I upgraded to Firefox 4.0 so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Also, might it be blocked by AdBlock Plus?
    Dell PC with Windows XP Home
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A Google toolbar does nothing but spy on you and send your every click to Google, it re-directs all your traffic through Google servers, slowing your browsing in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭Esel

In FF4, hit the Alt key. This will temoprarily bring up the FF menu. View > Toolbars > tick whatever you want to have visible.

In other news, Organise Bookmarks has become Show All Bookmarks . . .

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

yoyo wrote: »
    Try download the new version here: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/toolbar/ff/index.html

Nick
    I'll try that thanks yoyo.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    A Google toolbar does nothing but spy on you and send your every click to Google, it re-directs all your traffic through Google servers, slowing your browsing in the process
    Really!:eek:
    Esel wrote: »
    In FF4, hit the Alt key. This will temoprarily bring up the FF menu. View > Toolbars > tick whatever you want to have visible.

Already tried that - doesn't work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    I'll try that thanks yoyo.

No joy.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

While you've a nice snappy toolbar free browser, keep it that way. I make a living taking spyware shít like this off pc's. It serves no purpose other than to spy, and you agree to it during install. Why do you feel you need it?

I don't 'need' it but I would like to know where it has gone?

Genealogy Forum Mod

If its listed in addon manager ctrl+shift+a, then it may just be hidden, right click beside a new tab and tick to show it

No, not there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Does it show up in the add/remove programs? (Control Panel). To be honest it's pretty useless now that you can get add ons that will enable you to search from the address bar (especially chrome).

• Advertisement

Well I liked using it and I'd like to have it back but that doesn't seem likely in the interim.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

is possible it wasnt compatible with ff4?Iknow I went to uprgade and didnt cos a few of my add-ons werent compatible with version 4,

just a thought,

lab_Mouse

Yeah lab_Mouse, from what I've read that seems to be the problem.
    Hopefully they'll sort it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement