Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which model lawnmower would you recommend?

Options
  • 08-05-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I want to buy a self-propelled petrol lawnmower with side discharge. Power approx. 190cc and cut width approx. 51cm. Would appreciate recommendations about model type. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Midletonrare

Bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

Dinky22 wrote: »
    I want to buy a self-propelled petrol lawnmower with side discharge. Power approx. 190cc and cut width approx. 51cm. Would appreciate recommendations about model type. :confused:

A 21" Snapper 3-in-1, Collect, Mulch or side chute. Comes with variable speed drive and a 190cc (6.5) Briggs and Stratton Engine, costs £479.00

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to get this lawnmower in either Cork or Dublin. Would you or somebody else have any other suggestions?. I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Midletonrare - don't get your "joke"..............Am I to lol????

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to get this lawnmower in either Cork or Dublin. Would you or somebody else have any other suggestions?. I would really appreciate it.

www.esaleslocal.com deliver to all of Ireland. If you wanted to buy local anything Castelgarden and 21" should be a decent buy. Go with either a Briggs and Stratton or a Honda engine and you can't really go wrong. Just for a guide up here in the North the 21" steel deck Castelgarden with a Briggs engine is £399.00, with an alloy deck and 3 speed gearbox its £560.00 so I would say in Euro it would be about 450.00 and 640.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I can recommend a Honda engine over the Briggs Stratton. I have had a Honda model, with 16 Years trouble free mowing. I find the walk-behind, self propelled easy to use. Spare parts readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I have an Ariens.....great machine, Can side discharge or pickup or mulch. Engine is top model Briggs & Strachan. I bought in preference to Honda etc and am not disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Bump :)
    Midletonrare - don't get your "joke"..............Am I to lol????
    If someone posts a thread with a question (i.e. you) but no one answers, then either you or someone else (in this case Midletonrare) may "bump" the thread. That is to say they post a reply just so the thread will appear on top of the list of threads in the forum and on the front page, in the hope that someone will see it and reply with a proper answer. So basically, Midletonrare was being nice.

As for your question, my lawn is so small I cut it with a scissors so I can't help you :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

They are doing a fine Qualcast at a reasonable price ( to say the least) & 2 years warranty. I am getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I wouldn't touch a Qualcast. Try for a decent Honda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

ive heard a lot of ppl saying that honda isnt what it used to be
    i agree a bought a honda izy 2009 model and am having endless problems with it...my lawnmower mechanic told me that the newer honda engines can be very tempramental where as the older machines where bullet proof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

ive heard a lot of ppl saying that honda isnt what it used to be
    i agree a bought a honda izy 2009 model and am having endless problems with it...my lawnmower mechanic told me that the newer honda engines can be very tempramental where as the older machines where bullet proof

The Honda Izy mowers are just branded by Honda, they are not the same as the all Honda machines, hence the far lower price. Honda used to just do the one type of engine for their lawnmowers, they now produce a domestic engine in Europe and an industrial/commercial engine, produced in Japan. Their domestic engine usually starts with the letters GC and their industrial usually starts with GX. The industrial engine is by far the better of the two engines and it is that engine you will find in the old Honda lawnmowers that are still going from 20 years ago. The closest I have come across to the old Honda lawnmowers is the Kaaz lawnmower with the GX160 engine, as far as I know an all Japanese machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

a mountfield sp555 with a honda engine and alloy body brillant mower last a lifetime

Advertisement