Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access Inbox.

Options
  • 08-05-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

While i can sign in and see that i have 30 emails in my inbox i can not get into it, this has been happening all weekend and i need to get into my emails!! Please help. (yes im using the eircom email)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

While i can sign in and see that i have 30 emails in my inbox i can not get into it, this has been happening all weekend and i need to get into my emails!! Please help. (yes im using the eircom email)

Hi RovinPirate
    if you PM me your email address I can investigate this for you. This problem is often caused by a firewall or security issue, but can let you know what I see.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I have the exact same problem, think it started at some stage last week. Assuming we are not alone, I would be curious to know the reason for this.

I have the exact same problem, think it started at some stage last week. Assuming we are not alone, I would be curious to know the reason for this.

Hi itsnotmyfault

that is odd. I could not find any issue with accessing the account, but two exact cases is a bit of a coincidence. PM me your email address and will have a look.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know if this is relevant in your case but Firefox 4 seems to be causing problems for me accessing the 'advanced' version of webmail, so I have had to switch to the 'basic' version.

Seems like I'm not the only one ...

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/799774

Alun wrote: »
    I don't know if this is relevant in your case but Firefox 4 seems to be causing problems for me accessing the 'advanced' version of webmail, so I have had to switch to the 'basic' version.

Seems like I'm not the only one ...

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/799774

Hi Alun
    thanks for posting this.:) It may well be the answer as the cases we looked at we were able to access mails and most now appear to be ok.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Alun
    thanks for posting this.:) It may well be the answer as the cases we looked at we were able to access mails and most now appear to be ok.
    Tony
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "most now appear to be OK". FF4 still doesn't work with the advanced version, for me at any rate. More exactly, what doesn't work is clicking on the folder names in the left hand pane. Clicking on individual messages in the "Latest Emails" pane does seem to work however.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I came on here to report that firefox 4 is my problem but have been beaten to it. It's not been resolved. Works fine on an older version of Internet Explorer in work and on Chrome at home but Firefox is my main browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

That wasn't the problem as we us IE.
    Still having alot of trouble to get into it. Can get into it but only after about half an hour of refreshing

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "most now appear to be OK". FF4 still doesn't work with the advanced version, for me at any rate. More exactly, what doesn't work is clicking on the folder names in the left hand pane. Clicking on individual messages in the "Latest Emails" pane does seem to work however.

Sorry Alum should have said that all we have checked from our own mail service have been found to be ok, was not aware of the firefox 4 issue until you posted.
    Tony

Still having alot of trouble to get into it. Can get into it but only after about half an hour of refreshing
    Hi RovinPirate
    Have escalated this to broadband support and am awaiting some feedback.
    Tony

• Advertisement

thanks for the help tony!

Hi RovinPirate

We are seeing more reports of people not being able to select their folders when using Firefox 4

Below are the browsers currently supported by eircom on zimbra:
    Internet Explorer 8, 7 and 6.0 SP 2 or Firefox 3.0 and 3.5 or Fedora Core 4 with Firefox 2.0 and 3.0

Are you still experiencing same problem.
    Tony

Well we are currently using IE 8

Well we are currently using IE 8
    and are you still experiencing same issue? We have not been able to identify any issue on eircom side.
    Tony

Yes we still have the same issue, with a lot of refreshing and effort we can get into the emails, but only for a short period and it soon stops being responsive, have tired it out on other computers with the same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I am using Firefox 4 too and have not being able to access my inbox in advanced mode. Clicking "inbox" gives no response but I can click "events" etc and click back to "inbox" to bring up the list of e-mails, but I cannot access any, left clicking the subject doesn't allow me access to the individual e-mails.

Yes we still have the same issue, with a lot of refreshing and effort we can get into the emails, but only for a short period and it soon stops being responsive, have tired it out on other computers with the same problem

Hi RovinPirate
    I have been advised that there is an issue currently with one of our mailboxes which is causing this issue. You are unfortunately on this mailbox. We are working to resolve this issue as fast as possible.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭weshtawake

What kind of crap service is this? This problem has been ongoing for a number of days and there is still no resolution. Absolutely ridiculous and I will be moving from Eircom asap.

weshtawake wrote: »
    What kind of crap service is this? This problem has been ongoing for a number of days and there is still no resolution. Absolutely ridiculous and I will be moving from Eircom asap.

Hi weshtawake
    this issue has just recently been identified as a problem with one mail box which we are currently working to resolve. It is only with the gathering of information ( thanks to all who have brought this to our attention here ) that we have been able to pin point where issue is. I do not have a resolve time at moment but will push to have resolved as soon as possible.
    If you PM me your account no I can confirm if you are on the same mailbox.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

Hi,
    Any idea yet when the problem will be fixed?

• Advertisement

Hey tony! thanks for your continued support with this issue, we will keep trying it out, hopefully it will be resolved soon!

BERmad wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any idea yet when the problem will be fixed?
    Hi Bermad and RovinPirate
    we were advised issue should have been resolved within hours. Are you still experiencing same issue?
    Tony

Hey Tony, yes we are still having the same problem. With IE we can no longer log in. After entering email and password it keeps going to a blank page as though it is loading the mailbox but it just goes back to the log in page. With firefox we are having the usual problem, cant use the shortcuts in the sidebar but can use the mail button to see the emails but when you click on the emails they dont open. Now have over 30 emails that i cant access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I was having the same trouble.

I re-installed Firefox 3.6.17 (the last one before 4) and it worked again, if you have important stuff you can't access you could try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hey Tony, yes we are still having the same problem. With IE we can no longer log in. After entering email and password it keeps going to a blank page as though it is loading the mailbox but it just goes back to the log in page. With firefox we are having the usual problem, cant use the shortcuts in the sidebar but can use the mail button to see the emails but when you click on the emails they dont open. Now have over 30 emails that i cant access.

Hi RovinPirate,

I will test your email account here and confirm if it's working. Let you know tomorrow.
    In the mean time, I see last post reporting that rolling back from Firefox 4 to Firefox 3.6.17 and email is working fine.
    If it's an issue with Mozilla firefox, as it seems to be, then I will confirm this if I am able to see your email using IE 8.

Will advise you on this shortly,

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Ant and Tony, I logged into the Eircom account today and I was able to use it! Don't know if it's something you did on your end, or mine, but it is working now! Finally able to access and read emails without any bother. Thanks for all the support with this issue
    ~RovinPirate

Hi Ant and Tony, I logged into the Eircom account today and I was able to use it! Don't know if it's something you did on your end, or mine, but it is working now! Finally able to access and read emails without any bother. Thanks for all the support with this issue
    ~RovinPirate

Cheers for getting back to us RovinPirate.

Monitor your email over the next week and let's know if any problems.

Kind regards

Ant

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am using Firefox 4 too and have not being able to access my inbox in advanced mode. Clicking "inbox" gives no response but I can click "events" etc and click back to "inbox" to bring up the list of e-mails, but I cannot access any, left clicking the subject doesn't allow me access to the individual e-mails.

Hi CorkMan
    there does appear to be an issue with Firefox 4 which I have been advised has been resolved..
    Hope all ok.
    Tony

Hi CorkMan
    there does appear to be an issue with Firefox 4 which I have been advised has been resolved..
    Hope all ok.
    Tony
    It hasn't for me anyway. Still can't click on folders in the Folder pane on the left hand side .. nothing happens.

• Advertisement

It hasn't for me anyway. Still can't click on folders in the Folder pane on the left hand side .. nothing happens.

Hi Alun,

thanks for post. It sounds like you have the same problem with you Internet browser blocking your access to your webmail.

This was identified as occurring with the latest update for Mozilla Firefox (4,). In some cases this was resolved by rolling back to an earlier version of Firefox (3.7). eircom Tech Support are now saying that the Mozilla Firefox vers 4 problem appears to be resolved.

If you're still unable to view or access your webmail folders using your browser, try to open webmail in another browser e.g : Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If you PM your eircom Email Address I will confirm whether it is working.

Let me know if you still need help on this.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement