Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wind turbine

• 08-05-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am considering installing a wind turbine. I am thinking of 5kW and would hope to use this privately and also sell back to the grid. I'd also plan on using it as the primary method of heating the house instead of current oil burner.

I know my site is suitable, I live at 230m and would be hoping to install the turbine at 250m. The location is directly north facing and has probably 270 degree of unobstructed interference.

The seai were due to publish a list on installers and products in 2010, but this hasn't happened.

Other than googling which can return a list of sites that have their own sales material attached. Does anyone have any good sources on information on this within ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Darragh3206

I installed a 5.5 KW generator at my parents home two years ago. Its a German Machine and has been producing with no problems. If you want I can PM you the name of the supplier and his website. They did an excellent job and i would recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

Hi could I get a copy of that pm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scub

Darragh, Yes please pm me.

What conditions is yours situated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Amateurish

hi there best of luck with it, there's an Irish manufacturer of wind turbines <snip> if you want to keep the dollars here.:) They're a global operation too not just someone chopping up bicycles.
    i'd be very doubtful that you can replace your heating even occasionaly. For the craic whats the output of your boiler? higher that 5.5kW? Your electric kettle could be 2kW...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Please read the forum charter before posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Amateurish

Fair enough, you may gather I'm new here. I'm not associated with that company but I do like to point out occasionally that there's life outside ebay and amazon etc. A large manufacturer of wind turbines based in Ireland is surely worthy of mention in a thread asking for advice about wind turbines, given the possibilities of seeing the manufacturing process and customer service being on the doorstep.
    (Tom If this reply is a problem by all means delete it and the account - boards may not be for me. Otherwise I look forward to giving - and bleeding some of you dry for - advice. Thanks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amateurish wrote: »
    Otherwise I look forward to giving - and bleeding some of you dry for - advice. Thanks)
    No problem so long as evrything is done in accordance with the forum charter which you should read - see front page - it's stickied near the top

Advertisement