Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best quick Custom Built PC's? Price and shipping.

• 08-05-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on a bit of a time limit here, and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    Basically, i don't have time enough to build a PC, the person who wants it, is moving. They want it for gaming, and general browsing maybe movies etc..

Budget is €1000

I'm looking for someone that has experience in buying from anywhere online, and the cheapest for the most powerful, With a monitor, (i could probably get on Amazon)
    and any other reccomendations anyone has.

Are customPC.ie, wired2fire.co.uk, thedigistore.ie, etc.. (Any others please post) any good?
    How fast are they at shipping?

ANY reccomendations for that price etc.. are welcomed. Thanks.

(For a 15 year old girl She wants it ASAP (moving house), and i'm not sure what games exactly that she plays online, but she doesn't want to be buying another one anytime soon.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Check Hardwareversand.de they are apparently quite good and will put together the system for a charge. You'll get a pretty decent rig for 1K depending on what you spend on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks Fionny, for reply and link,

Looking for something that i can get quick (Probably before the end of the week), Which very much limits my time and where i can buy from.. unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Even to get the parts within the week would be a push!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

try adverts.ie some pretty good deals to be had

heres one after a quick search

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-gaming-machine-30-inch-monitor/588320

he wants €850 without monitor, I would say there would be more wiggle room on that price though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Elara.ie would have them in their office in Park West within 2 days, provided the parts you order are in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Not sure if this helps but was in PcWorld recently and they had a beast of a PC - 1tb hdd, 1gb graphics, Futuristic chassis/case, etc, etc
    Think it was 700/750 but there is usually room to bargain with them on Pcs.
    Think it was acer but not sure.
    Maybe worth giving them a try if time is running out near the end of the week.
    Would not usually recommend PcWorld for anything but it might be a backup option for you.
    You should be able to get a very good laptop for that kind of money though.

Advertisement