Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sites to advertise a Tuscan Villa

Options
  • 08-05-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've been asked to market a villa in Tuscany. I've searched for good sites to advertise them on but there are so many I don't know who to try and who to ignore. Surely there's a top 10 or so sites that most people use and the rest are just rubbishy efforts run by chancers. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

daft.ie & myhome.ie for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Libertine2002

Really? It's more of a holiday destination. People usually book for about a week at a time. It's www.villatoscanaitaly.com should give you a better idea of what it is. I'll check them out though, never would have thought to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Really? It's more of a holiday destination. People usually book for about a week at a time. It's www.villatoscanaitaly.com should give you a better idea of what it is. I'll check them out though, never would have thought to use them.

Oh, I thought you wanted to sell it... maybe disregard my previous advice so!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Libertine2002

Daft.ie though... can't hurt! Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Daft and Myhome are certainly options but dont forget your target market is anyone who might take a holiday in Tuscany, which means you'll have to go beyond Irish sites to ensure success in filling it consistently. . So ensure to find the Italian& French equivalents of Daft / Myspace. No harm to have ads up on UK sites either, even if it only free ones like Gumtree. Craiglist for the US is also an essential option but do also take a look at a new operation for rentals called Airbnb.com I've had a lot of success in the American and Australian markets for a property I market here which I placed on that site. Commission is only 3% which is more than fair too.

Expand much further in your advertisibg than Ireland though, we are only 4 million- the US, Canada and the EU combined is a population 800million + so you really ought to be tapping it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement