Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shipping from US

Options
  • 08-05-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am travelling to the states on the j1 and have been looking at music gear in the US, saw some really sweet vintage guitars and amps for great prices, would it be worth shipping stuff home or would it cost a fortune? and where would be best to find out info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭syd barrett

was thinkin of bringin over a guitar case with an old crappy guitar and when comin back just say that it was the guitar i brought over, when i went over last year, i brought it as carry on luggage and nothin was said

sugarman wrote: »
    Costs a fortune to ship packages, never mind any gear.

Why dont you just bring it home on the plane as luggage?

That my plan this summer if i end up picking up anything.

Was thinking of taking the neck off & wrapping them up in bubble wrap & stick em between all me clothes in a hardcase suitcase.

Should make it:pac:

Expect to pay customs tho back here either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

Use Mail forwarding, I have an address in NY.

PM if you want

CH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How much do you plan on buying? Shipping by freight ship is very reasonably priced, especially for heavy items such as amps, as it goes by volume, not weight. Of course, you'll be waiting 6 weeks- 3 months for your stuff.

Advertisement