Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire S vs Samsung Galaxy Ace vs SE Xperia Arc

Options
  • 08-05-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Right, time to jump on the smartphone bandwagon. My nokia 6220 is on its last legs and I will be sad to put it down but I need to be strong and move on.

Just looking for advise on what people with better experience of these things think of these 3 phones. They are the ones that have caught my eye most when I'm in the shops.

I wouldn't be using the internet on it too much but I like messing about with apps on my ipod touch so a good browser would be nice. Also checking emails from college/work is an appealing prospect. Storing songs would be a major plus play them back through bluetooth in the car. Camera/video doesn't bother me as I prefer a stand alone camera for all that.

All of this is kind of vague I know, but I guess I just wouldn't be that in need of a hugely powerful device which is why I don't think I'll wait to see the Incredible S or Galaxy 2. Or maybe I should if it meant getting a longer life out of the phone.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The Ace is the runt of the selection you're providing. It's a mid range droid and shouldn't really be considered when matched against the other 2. Maybe you should swap it for the Galaxy S?

I would probably go for the desire S. It's a bit better than the original desire and is abundantly more aesthetically appealing

The Arc has a really good screen and the camera is very impressive - pics in the dark are unbelievable. It's a fair bit longer than the desire. On paper it looks very good but I just can't put my faith back in SE

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

theteal wrote: »
    The Ace is the runt of the selection you're providing. It's a mid range droid and shouldn't really be considered when matched against the other 2. Maybe you should swap it for the Galaxy S?

I would probably go for the desire S. It's a bit better than the original desire and is abundantly more aesthetically appealing

The Arc has a really good screen and the camera is very impressive - pics in the dark are unbelievable. It's a fair bit longer than the desire. On paper it looks very good but I just can't put my faith back in SE

Cheers for that. Ye the Ace would be the runt alrite, I just like the neatness of it. Found out the sister got herself the Arc on Friday so I'm going to play with that one of the evenings this week. I think though just from looking at reviews and videos online the Desire S is the one I'm leaning more towards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Ye the Ace would be the runt alrite, I just like the neatness of it. Found out the sister got herself the Arc on Friday so I'm going to play with that one of the evenings this week. I think though just from looking at reviews and videos online the Desire S is the one I'm leaning more towards now.

Hi I have the S now for 3 weeks and I must say I am very pleased with it. The biggest fear I would have had was battery life but seems fine so far. It's a quick phone and very smooth. For me accessability to both my Exchange & gmail was a must and it is seamless and that's just the stock mail app. I got mine for €400 sim free on eBay which I felt was a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

So after playing around with both the Arc and Desire S I think I will be going with the latter. I found it easier to hold than the Arc and the touchscreen was more responsive. It's slightly smaller but I think this is better. All I could think of with the Arc was how easy it would be to break or drop. It just seemed less sturdy in my hand.

Funny how it's something like how a phone feels rather than the cool stuff it can do that makes you decide on a phone. :D

Now to choose a good plan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Desire has much more potential than the Arc because of the custom ROM support, the Ace is the runt as mentioned. However the Arc is a pretty phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement