Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Shooting

Options
  • 08-05-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I want to know why I'm banned permanently. I accept the infraction was justified and the removal of the thread was justified also, which I stated to the mod. However I only received a permanent ban after several PMs with the "mod". I suspect it's because of our very different opinions which were stated in said PMs. I don't see why a difference of opinion should lead to a permanent ban. Surely a mod should not be making decisions based on personal preferences.It was my first post in the shooting forum as it's not a category I would have a whole lot of interest in, I simply wanted a bit of info. It wouldn't be a big deal if I am being banned permanently, but it's the principle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If all you want is information, the correct course of action is to PM the mod. DR is for when you wish to appeal the mod's decision.

In this specific case, to shorten things a bit, the reason you're barred permanently from the forum is because you refused to obey Rule 8 of the charter which bans the advocacy of illegal acts. You have a history of this in other forums; we don't wish to allow you to use the Shooting forum to advocate breaking the law for fairly obvious reasons. And since this site is read by the DoJ, AGS, and some nice folks from the RSA, Traffic corps and so forth, you might want to stop doing that anyway from a purely pragmatic and self-interested point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

I meant the thread I posted was just for information, not this thread. I've already been pm ing the mod..

I see what you're saying about rule 8 and what not.

My issue is that he only banned me after a private discussion. I have no problem with the infraction and I can accept the post being removed. But the permanent ban was made because of different opinions (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Those PMs do not indicate that. They indicate that you have no intention of complying with Rule 8 and as such, the ban is permanent.

Advertisement