Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which one? GSXR 600, R6, CBR 600rr, ZX6R??

• 08-05-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

So im thinking of upgrading the bike in a few weeks. Currently on a 2007 Kawasaki ER6N, nice bike easy to ride and comfortable but I dont do masive miles and recently iv started drooling everytime i see a 600 sportsbike :D. Im looking to stay around the 06/07 in years and have about 5000 to spend on it. I still want something that is comfortable and thats proberly the biggest condition other than that im open to all possibilites. So if it was you what would ya go for? pros and cons appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

See if you can find a zx6rr :) other than that, I like the look and performance figures of the r6 best, the Honda is a Honda and the and the gixxer is probably the least quirky but I'm not gone on the looks. The zx6 is in looks and performance wise but the others have the edge on build quality feel. You already have a kwakker so you can get my meaning here. It would make it the cheaper option though I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Para1 wrote: »
    So im thinking of upgrading the bike in a few weeks. Currently on a 2007 Kawasaki ER6N, nice bike easy to ride and comfortable but I dont do masive miles and recently iv started drooling everytime i see a 600 sportsbike :D. Im looking to stay around the 06/07 in years and have about 5000 to spend on it. I still want something that is comfortable and thats proberly the biggest condition other than that im open to all possibilites. So if it was you what would ya go for? pros and cons appreciated. Cheers!

how big are yer balls? probably the cb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gixxer or zx6r. Crap maybe a cbr or r6 lol they're all nice

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

None of the above.

This is what you want!

Daytona675SE_overview_534x375.jpg

Daytona 675

/thread.:D

Don't mind sleepysniper. Hasn't a clue lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Para1

None of the above.

This is what you want!

Daytona675SE_overview_534x375.jpg

Daytona 675

/thread.:D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNjPcj52bNm7997whvD133XN1bwDvpRfWpJ4h7Re7Zv9PF8gToLuzVgA

maybe a little expensive though!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

gsxr750. same insurance better bike than a 600.......

fatbast wrote: »
    gsxr750. same insurance better bike than a 600.......
    Older model ones are sexy . Same with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

seanybiker wrote: »
    Older model ones are sexy . Same with women.

correct, dont know about the women but a k4/k5 gixxer 750 is an attractive proposition :)

The daytona is savage, had a test ride on one and was mightily impressed. Doubt you would get one for 5000 though. Barring the daytona I would go for the R6 or the honda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

r6 according to the amearicans fastest qtr mile lol sl model now it=f thats to be belived :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

if it was my money, it'd be a late model zx636 (think the c6f or c1h model)

the extra cc's bulk up the midrange, and make it more of an everyday bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

R6 = Overpriced but good bike
    ZX6r = Cheapest, good looking but there must be a reason why they are not that popular?
    GSXR600 = Great looking, popular, good price
    CBR600rr = more expensive than the suzuki & the kawa but a better all round bike, has received loads of awards and is the most critically acclaimed. And they last forever! (love mine)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

jameshayes wrote: »
    ZX6r = Cheapest, good looking but there must be a reason why they are not that popular?

A mate of mine has one. Great bike, IME. Very impressed with it.

2314843_1.jpg

Think iv settled on something like this:D.
    R6 more of a track bike?quit expensive as stated above and hard to find a nice one on my budget.
    ZX6r dosent do it for me looks wise and i hear the handle position is lower, making it a more uncomfortable on the wrists on long journeys.
    The CBRrr is a great bike all round but again think im just sold on the GSXR.
    no expert buy a long stretch but would the GXSR be a better option for starting out on sports bikes?? had an FZR 250r as my first bike which served me well but no other real comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

2314843_1.jpg

R6 more of a track bike?quit expensive as stated above and hard to find a nice one on my budget.
    ZX6r dosent do it for me looks wise and i hear the handle position is lower, making it a more uncomfortable on the wrists on long journeys.
    no expert buy a long stretch but would the GXSR be a better option for starting out on sports bikes?? had an FZR 250r as my first bike which served me well but no other real comparison.

Drool.......... One day i will get rid of the bandit and get me a gsxr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

2314843_1.jpg

You'll be Ireland's answer to Ghostrider on that thing!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:D
    Ha Ha only looking yet, thats the dream bike. still have to sell my own and find one like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

forget all the suggestions so far (cept maybe that 675)

have some class, get yourself a duke

749 sounds about right for you......you might get an 04/05 sort of in your price range.......much more comfortable than you would think!

or wait around (for as many years as it takes) for an mv agusta f3 to depreciate to within your budget............making do meanwhile with walking from place to place and eating 2 for one special deals on cereal and not much else.

thats what I would do!

Advertisement