Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found my dream gun, need help sourcing it :)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Firekitten wrote: »
    1. whats better about the ras II compared to my classic army, (excluding the fact that its less likely to break
    likely to break is variable. Both can be either, but its well built, with good intenals. It has a higher chance of remaining working due to the sportsline quality, vs a higher professiobally aimed, well made system.

2. MK43 any good?
    Hard to compare with the others, it being a support gun. Yes, the A&K (I presume you mean) Is good. (its also an m60e4 actually, not a mk43 like half the retailers call it) legend? add a few more kilos for that lol.
    Yeah, things ive heard, its a good gun. Well made and good performance. Different animal, but not a lame duck by any stretch.

3. what lipo voltage can the ras II take?
    Same as any other un upgraded gun, should you like the status quo if you pulling the trigger, and it firing. 7.4v.

4. what upgrades should i make to the RAS II
    How long is a piece of string? I don't understand the 'upgrade for upgrades sake' culture that seems to be so prominent now...
    Get it, play with it, think about what you want to improve about its FIELD performance.
    range? accuracy? simple to sort, and one I guess i'd recomend you look at, or atleast consider. Thus, the hopup rubber and barrel would be a safe starting point.
    Guarder clear rubber, or madbull blue, and either a prometheus 6.03 or madbull black python 6.03 barrel for super deadly zoom zooms.

5. does the RAS II have the ability to be upgrade to the higher end standard?
    every gun has the ability to be upgraded.

:)

ok as for

4. i was thinking about getting mia to get it in and upgrade it for me b4 messing around with it, so im just really talking about outta the box upgrades such as precision barrel, metal crane stock & pistol grip, reinforced internals etc.

5. let me rephrase that,
    would it be efficient to upgrade it to a higher end standard?

coz upgrading sportlines cost more than its worth, i know that from experience

so

its a decent gun right?
    and in the long run am i

a) better off getting it and upgrading it bit by bit
    b) keeping my own CA
    c) getting a higher end gun

all im asking is would it be cost efficient?

thanks,

EDIT: forgot to ask, what would need to be upgraded for it to be able to take 11V Lipo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Jamez735 wrote: »
    no probs,

what u think of the G&P

I can't really comment on the performance as I've only seen one :pac:
    But I had a hlod of it and it was a fairly solid gun not wobbly bits or shakey partd on it and it does look deadly imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

what do i need to get upgraded for it to take 11.1 V Lipo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jamez735 wrote: »
    what do i need to get upgraded for it to take 11.1 V Lipo?

Why do you want an 11.1v lipo specifically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Well for an 11.1v lipo a MOSFET is deffinatly needed to save the trigger contacts from wearing out. An AB(active braking) MOSFET will stop any overspin that may be caused by the motor reviving such a high amount of power. I'm afraid I can't tell you what you need in the gearbox, a gun tech may help you here.

An 11.1v lipo may give you better trigger response but you will also have a silly rate of fire. A 7.2v lipo is a much better option as its close to a 9.6v nimh but takes up less space.

Advertisement