Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good runs in castlebar?

Options
  • 08-05-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi i am new to the area and was wondering if anyone knows any good routes 5k max dont want to kill myself.Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

There is a nice loop around Snugborough out the newport road. As you are going towards Newport there is a turn off to Snugborough on the right and then en route you turn right around the school and end up back in town. I live out that way and it's around 5k, lots of hills though :D

The mini marathon route was out the Pontoon road and turn right at the second sign post for Turlough, also a nice route.

There's a nice path around Loch Lannagh also

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

detoxkid wrote: »
    There is a nice loop around Snugborough out the newport road. As you are going towards Newport there is a turn off to Snugborough on the right and then en route you turn right around the school and end up back in town. I live out that way and it's around 5k, lots of hills though :D

The mini marathon route was out the Pontoon road and turn right at the second sign post for Turlough, also a nice route.

There's a nice path around Loch Lannagh also

Thanks some nice suggestions there i will give them a try during the week i know the places you are talking about im not to far from them so will be handy.Thanks!

Advertisement