Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Nokia - a problem

Options
  • 08-05-2011 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I have had the same Nokia for several years and I love it , today however the ' Predictive Text ' function ceased working , I cannot see where to check if it has shut itself off for some reason.
    Laugh though you may I have no idea what model phone it is :o

Any suggestions on how to check if this is a minor / major issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Under the battery is a sticker that shows the model number. Or in settings...somewhere is "About". Let us know when you find it. While the battery is out, leave it w/out batter for 30 minutes. Then nail it all back together and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Delancey wrote: »
    I have had the same Nokia for several years and I love it , today however the ' Predictive Text ' function ceased working , I cannot see where to check if it has shut itself off for some reason.
    Laugh though you may I have no idea what model phone it is :o

Any suggestions on how to check if this is a minor / major issue.

post us a photo of the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Have you tried pressing the # key until the predictive text symbol is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Avns1s wrote: »

No I hadn't done that but will give it a shot thanks.

Have taken battery out and see that its a model 2630 ( which I'm sure sounds positively stone age to you guys :rolleyes: ).

Will let you know how reboot goes.

You can try a factory reset by typing in *#7780# if asked for a code its 12345,this restores the phone back to out of box state and no data will be lost. If that fails let us know. Do you have many sms in your phone? If you do this can cause issues check your inbox and sent folders.

• Advertisement

Avns1s wrote: »

All that seems to do is activate/de-activate the silent profile - reboot doesn't seem to have helped . Will try to restore settings now.

Recently cleared out the inbox but forgot to do the same to the sent folder - over 3000 messages there , perhaps thats the issue ? Deleting them now.............

you press the hash button when your in messaging not on standby.

Delancey wrote: »
    All that seems to do is activate/de-activate the silent profile - reboot doesn't seem to have helped . Will try to restore settings now.

Recently cleared out the inbox but forgot to do the same to the sent folder - over 3000 messages there , perhaps thats the issue ? Deleting them now.............

i would say the amount of messages is the cause normally anything over 2000 will begin to cause issues such as no message alert.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    you press the hash button when your in messaging not on standby.

Doh ! Ok well the message deletion is at just over 400 out of 3000+ so when that is done I'll try the # ( in messaging this time ;) )

Many thanks for the help folks

Let us know how you get on you should be sorted

• Advertisement

Well , delighted to report that Mobiles and PDA's is not just for pretty faces ;)
    Deleted all the messages and then went into messaging and held down the # key , strangely enough Predictive Text was showing as selected but I just selected it again and badda bing.....problem sorted !

Thanks again

GOOD stuff

Advertisement