Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre not sitting in evenly on wheel

• 08-05-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a small foldable bike, and I recently bought a new tyre & tube for it.
    When I fitted it however, I noticed that one side the the tyre was further out from the rim that the other by about 7mm. This meant riding it was very uneven (and presumably not a good idea) I've tried to fix it but only made it slightly better, so I was wondering if something else might be wrong. I hope you guys might be able to help me out.

When I look at the tube around the wheel on it's own it seems like it's slightly too large, so I wonder if it's 'bunching up' inside the tyre and causing the mis-alignment.

On the side of the tube it says 50/57-406 and the side of the type says 47-406.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You inner tube is too wide.

Get some Compact 20s, not Compact 20 Wide.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23237

Compact 20 Slims would probably work too, I think I'm running them with MTB tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Thanks for your help.

After bringing it to 2 bikes shops and getting it looked at, I ended up just going with a cheaper tyre. They both seemed to think the tube was fine though, and suggested that the schwalbe tyre was just too rigid and thought if there was any diff between it & the wheel it'd cause problems. Very strange, but back on my bike now, so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Ive had a nightmare with tyres not seating this week,maybe its something to do with the queen!!a shop should have been able to get the Schwalbe tyre to seat,some rim/tyre combos can give trouble for some reason,can I ask what tyre you are now riding on and if its front or rear oh and how much pressure does it take?it should be at least 80 psi for a small wheeled folder but thats just my opinion.

Advertisement