Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for site cost

Options
  • 08-05-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a student undertaking the following project, I've no idea how to price a site and don't want to sell myself short. Just wondering approx what the following site might cost?
    Small record label, profile page for 4/5 bands, php mailing list, content management system preferable, streaming of 3/4 audio tracks per band - links to iTunes etc, possibly some jquery dynamics and maybe a shop for merchandise?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The forum isn't for tenders, but for development...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Reopened after the OP clarified that he's doing the work and looking to know how much he should be charging, rather than tendering for the work to be done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Hi, I'm a student undertaking the following project, I've no idea how to price a site and don't want to sell myself short. Just wondering approx what the following site might cost?
    Small record label, profile page for 4/5 bands, php mailing list, content management system preferable, streaming of 3/4 audio tracks per band - links to iTunes etc, possibly some jquery dynamics and maybe a shop for merchandise?
    Thanks.

Ok this is what I would do.

Based on what you have said it will be

- Profile Page for 5 bands
    - Mailing List
    - CMS
    - Streaming of 3/4 Audio Tracks per band
    - Links to iTunes
    - A Paypal Shop?

You should charge anyting from 800-1200euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭a1000pigeons

Brilliant, thanks a lot for that, that's really helpful. Pricing is something they don't seem to teach us in college...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ok this is what I would do.

Based on what you have said it will be

- Profile Page for 5 bands
    - Mailing List
    - CMS
    - Streaming of 3/4 Audio Tracks per band
    - Links to iTunes
    - A Paypal Shop?

You should charge anyting from 800-1200euro.
    How did you come to this determination?

Advertisement