Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Environmental Resource Management in UCD.

Options
  • 08-05-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has completed this course in the last couple of years or has any knowledge of the course content /job prospects ? I have an Arts Degree in Geography and History and am unsure if this course requires students to have a base degree in science, in order to gain most benefit from the masters in Environmental Resource Management .

Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated .

Many thanks in advance
    Iarmhii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

iarmhii wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has completed this course in the last couple of years or has any knowledge of the course content /job prospects ? I have an Arts Degree in Geography and History and am unsure if this course requires students to have a base degree in science, in order to gain most benefit from the masters in Environmental Resource Management .

Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated .

Many thanks in advance
    Iarmhii

Course is grand, know a chap that did a degree in Geography as well and got on fine in this course and it's not overly awkward with the physical science.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 iarmhii

El Siglo thanks for your reply . Have you any idea if that mate of yours with the geog degree got a job from this masters or pursued further study ? What areas do graduates enter ? Heritage, Natural Parks . . . Maybe renewable energy . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

iarmhii wrote: »
    El Siglo thanks for your reply . Have you any idea if that mate of yours with the geog degree got a job from this masters or pursued further study ? What areas do graduates enter ? Heritage, Natural Parks . . . Maybe renewable energy . .

He didnt get a job out of it, went off to work in something completely different. I know a former lecturer who did it and went to work as a ranger down in the burren. But a lot of jobs are few and far between, I did geog in UCD as well and did the MSc in Environmental Science in TCD, even with that jobs were few. There are jobs though, they're just not in Ireland, so be willing to travel.

Advertisement