Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare Talbot Street?

Options
  • 08-05-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Just got a text from the OH, telling me, she has to get a taxi home...somewhere between Baggot Street and O'Connell Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

from aaroadwatch.ie

Last Updated: 08/05/2011 20:05:57

*TRAVEL* DART services between Connolly and Tara St have been suspended due to a security alert adjacent to the line. Services from Pearse St to Bray and Greystone and from Connolly to Malahide and Howth are unaffected. * As a result motorists approaching Connolly Station on Amien St are being turned away. Gardai advise motorists to take an alternative route. *MAIN TRAFFIC* * Dublin City traffic is moving well at this stage. * M50 traffic is moving well in both directions at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This was posted in AH.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/army-investigate-suspicious-device-found-in-dublin-504278.html
    08/05/2011 - 20:56:22
    A suspicious device has been found in Dublin City Centre

The object was discovered on Talbot Street.

The area has been sealed off - and the army bomb disposal team are currently at the scene

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/army-investigate-suspicious-device-found-in-dublin-504278.html#ixzz1LnKHSQaV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Fcuk sake not another one. Has the Queen's itinerary been released yet? I need to know where to avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fcuk sake not another one. Has the Queen's itinerary been released yet? I need to know where to avoid!

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=86708

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd be avoiding Dublin altogether!!!

But if you can't, just look for the sealed up manholes with the yellow spray on them. Apparently she's going the same route as how I walk to college! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rain_barrel.jpg

I wonder was it something like this that set it off? I was walking to/from the train station when I noticed a container similar to the above (but much smaller) in a black plastic bag left near a lamppost. It was at the bottom of the street, near the train station.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Isn't that the third or fourth bomb scare in Dublin recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theinsideedge

Does anyone know why the police were searching St Anne's Park Raheny yesterday and removed a lot of evidence from the area???? Apparently it wasn't anything fatal but I walk there regularly and would love to know what happened in the woods area early on Saturday evening May 6th 2011????

Does anyone know why the police were searching St Anne's Park Raheny yesterday and removed a lot of evidence from the area???? Apparently it wasn't anything fatal but I walk there regularly and would love to know what happened in the woods area early on Saturday evening????

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

My bus got re-routed yesterday during the bomb scare. It was at around 9 oclock. It seems like stuff like this is getting worse every week. Is this all related to the Queen's visit? I heard they had to weld shut manholes on the routes she will be travelling! Is the bomb threat high?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

My bus got re-routed yesterday during the bomb scare. It was at around 9 oclock. It seems like stuff like this is getting worse every week. Is this all related to the Queen's visit? I heard they had to weld shut manholes on the routes she will be travelling! Is the bomb threat high?

It may or may not be but whilst the British head of state is in our country it is our responsibilty to protect her without any chances taken and rightly so. I would imagine Mi5 are assisting the Garda to make sure no chances are taken. They are very experienced in dealing with high security events. We dont want something to happen that could of been easily prevented.

Whatever happens we must show her the famous Irish Welcome that we show all welcome visitors. She is very good to come here and we need all the friends that we can get after the machinations and reckless behaviour of this last woeful government of ours which has shown us in a very poor light worldwide. I for one will be there to show her my support as a valued neighbour and I hope that the police will leave no stone unturned in the fight against these cold blooded murderers and terrorists who have no place in our society or any civilised country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

The GS must know all of the people that would be involved in causing trouble during her visit, so why don't they invite them to help them with their inquiries under the terrorism act for 4 days. I don't know how many there are but about 100 of the ringleaders would lower the risk dramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

No1J wrote: »
    The GS must know all of the people that would be involved in causing trouble during her visit, so why don't they invite them to help them with their inquiries under the terrorism act for 4 days. I don't know how many there are but about 100 of the ringleaders would lower the risk dramatically.

internment without trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

No, just helping with inquiries about being in the company of people who believe in using any means including violence to disrupt a very important visit of a head of state for a few days. A lot of these guys will be getting a lot longer if the carry out their threats. It would be for the greater good and in a way theirs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gardaí can hold people for 7 days without charge under certain provisions of the Offences Against the State Act. I wouldn't reccommend them pulling in every ra-head they know of however, they'll then have no room in the cells for the 50,000 knackers they clearly expect to kick off, given that they've borrowed 2 water canons from the PSNI.

Putting that into context, ONE was borrowed for the EU protests in 2004 and NONE for 2006. Shows that a significant amount of unrest is clearly anticipated (which is another story).

sdonn wrote: »
    Gardaí can hold people for 7 days without charge under certain provisions of the Offences Against the State Act. I wouldn't reccommend them pulling in every ra-head they know of however, they'll then have no room in the cells for the 50,000 knackers they clearly expect to kick off, given that they've borrowed 2 water canons from the PSNI.

Putting that into context, ONE was borrowed for the EU protests in 2004 and NONE for 2006. Shows that a significant amount of unrest is clearly anticipated (which is another story).

3 days for the OASA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

foreign wrote: »
    3 days for the OASA.

What's 7 days? I know I've heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Saw the bomb squad tearing down Bridge Street earlier this evening, related I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

pithater1 wrote: »
    Saw the bomb squad tearing down Bridge Street earlier this evening, related I wonder?

Apparently there was a bomb find on dunsink lane this eve.... looks like the alerts and finds are getting more frequent as next week approaches :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Apparently there was a bomb find on dunsink lane this eve.... looks like the alerts and finds are getting more frequent as next week approaches :/

oohhhhh, i was wondering what all the sirens were about.

there was one found there are few weeks ago as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Was in the city centre today and have never seen so much police in a day that didnt include a sporting or musical occasion, although the beggars were back despite the police presence :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

sounds like they are drilling for when the queen is in the country

as if they are trying to get their response times up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Bomb squad are off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

They've been up and down Bridge Street several times this evening, rather distracting, I'm going to assume that they're drilling for this day next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rain_barrel.jpg

I wonder was it something like this that set it off? I was walking to/from the train station when I noticed a container similar to the above (but much smaller) in a black plastic bag left near a lamppost. It was at the bottom of the street, near the train station.
    Either you are right or the Herald copied this post. :)

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/dart-is-disrupted-as-device-is-probed-2641365.html

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

There has been another "security alert" at Connolly Station this morning. The station was evacuated and the Dart went right thru to Tara Street. Lots of CIE people and Gardai about on platform 5 I think.

http://twitter.com/#!/irishrail/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

cute_cow wrote: »
    There has been another "security alert" at Connolly Station this morning. The station was evacuated and the Dart went right thru to Tara Street. Lots of CIE people and Gardai about on platform 5 I think.

http://twitter.com/#!/irishrail/

Just passed it about 20mins ago, road is blocked and traffic diverted. I thought they were just blocking it to seal manholes but the gangs of irish rail staff outside gave it away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Ah, it's always interesting to watch a bit of excitement on the telebox.

Advertisement