Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rare or different phones?

Options
  • 08-05-2011 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

any suggestions on a new phone,im looking at something different or rare at a decent price that i can get on ebay or something.

edit:i have a htc s710 at home but the battery is finished anyone know where i can get a official battery for it as i can only get crap replicas :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

nokia n900

love the phone its s**t hot and iv never seen any 1 else with one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

yeh ive seen that before,arent they a little pricey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

http://phones.shop.ebay.ie/Mobile-Phones-w-o-Contract-/9355/i.html?_nkw=n900&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

bitta homework and im sure if you want one you`ll find one at the right price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I did the N900 thing. Relative lack of support will be far more memorable than the rarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

You looking for a "Smartphone" that's memorable or rare, there's almost none of them.

Of the latest crop, the SE Experia Arc looks nice, and it's "different", but won't be rare for long. Alternatively go for a rare variant of something already out there: an orange or blue Nokia N8, or any colour E7 would be a rare sight. Neither of those are cheap, though as you'd have to go SIM-free (€400 for an N8, or over €500 for the E7).

The only thing that fits the bill of rarity and cheapness would be the original, 1st Generation iPhone, but it was rare for a reason... it's ****: 2G only, no MMS, short battery life and slow performance.

If you'd settle for a regular "talk+text" phone, Nokia 8800 Siroccos can be had for decent money now, but still not super-cheap. You won't find a more beautiful phone (but not in gold, that's just tacky), but you'll have no features beyond ringing and texting.

N900 is an interesting suggestion, but it's not pretty, MMS support is erratic, and it really is a "Computer that makes voice calls", rather than a smartphone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement