Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizzas and Cream Eden Gate Under New Management

Options
  • 08-05-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

So, while my parents were visiting (from USA) they were craving pizza, we decided to eat in at pizzas and cream tonite in delgany - they are under new management

first time we've eaten in there

GREAT value for kid's meal - 7.95 for big bowl of spaghetti/bol with 2 pieces of garlic bread, a drink and an ice cream sunday

all the pizzas went down a treat (as an American living in ireland i think pizzas and cream both this one and in Bray are the best pizzas around)

we were talking with new owner - he's adding new things to menu, opening for lunches and LOWERING the ridunkulously high pizza prices

i would get from there more often, but they've just been too expensive....so here's hoping they turn this place around!

either way - always love to support local irish owned businesses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Did they change the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

I've only ordered from here twice and on both occasions the pizza was terrible. Hopefully this will improve with the change in owners.

Agreed. Too much crust and too much cheese, both of which are tasteless.

There are some OK crusts out there, but all the pizza places seem to use really cheap and nasty cheese!

Why not use good ingredients and make a nice pizza? Is that too much to ask? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

some people prefer a thicker crust (known as Chicago style) and more cheese
    just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Only went there once, when it first opened. Prices were outrageously high so I never went back.

Nancenet70 wrote: »
    some people prefer a thicker crust (known as Chicago style) and more cheese
    just sayin'

Sure, but that's not Chicago style pizza and thick crust =/= good crust. Just my opnion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If it's like the one in Bray then the bases are nicer than any other pizza place going

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Sure, but that's not Chicago style pizza and thick crust =/= good crust. Just my opnion.:)

I agree.

I have eaten in the one in bray too and it was better but still not good pizza. The only good pizza I have tasted around bray/Greystones is in campo di fiori in bray.

Advertisement