Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Contract Buy Out

Options
  • 08-05-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey,
    Can you guys help me? I have 2 numbers on my account. (1 at €40 per month and other at €45 per month). Both are 18 month contracts (€40 per month started May '10 and €45 per month in Dec '10).
    Anyway due to downturn my partner and I are going to UK in few weeks. I rang o2 and asked is it possible to transfer over to O2 UK. They were quite rude and told me it isn't possible. So I presume my only option is to buy out the contract. So I was just wondering can anyone advise me on my options or how can I calculate the cost per number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Or can I ask is there a way to calculate cost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The cost is expensive. On each number it's the number of months left multiplied by the base monthly fee.
    Number 1: 6 x 40 = 240
    Number 2: 13 x 45 = 585

Thats a hell of a lot. Can you transfer the contracts to some one else? O2 will let you do this

Is it possible to downgrade plans to lower contracts and then buy out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nope, due to the Nazis that run o2's unique way of funding their business, if you change tarrif, you recontract for another 18 months.

It is but I think you're on the lowest plans. You can only drop to the lowest plan in your group eg: Switch from advance 350 to advance 150. You cant go from an advance plan to a clear plan or simplicity plan etc.. :(

• Advertisement

Cheers for that but for the contract with 13 months left would it be cheaper to downgrade to cheapest 18 month contract and then buy out.
    Is there contract for €15/20 per month

What is the name of the plans you're on now? Advance or clear?

Advertisement