Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drving licence in turkey for moped

• 08-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Last year i went into the tax office to see if i was covered to drive a moped in turkey. the woman in the office said yeas i was covered for B M and W even though my full licence only has dates on B and W. They wouldnt accept it in Turkey.... So my question is can i get a provisional licence here covering M without sitting a theory test? I have my full licence 4.5yrs.....

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

As far as i know people do not need any licences to drive mopeds, they simply do not know what a M licence is and treat mopeds like bicycles, as you do not even need a helmet

...was in turkey last year and rented out a 125cc moped with no licence requirement, didnt even wear a helmet and passed loads of police cars and had no worries frankly

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I tried last year and they asked for my licence as they did with everyone else.... because mine had not got a date on the moped section they wud not let me rent one. i had to get a friends licence and rent one elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A Learner Permit is only valid in the Republic, not the North or anywhere else.

Go back to the tax office and ask them to include M on you're licence.

Don't be hiring vehicles you're not licensed for. They may give it to you but if something bad happens you will be in a lot of trouble in a foreign country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If they charge you for Insurance in Turkey, go elsewhere. There's none IIRC from the time I hired an R1150GS there.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Thanks for all the replies. I went into the local tax office again and told them the situation. All i needed to do was fill out a full driving licence form again and hand it in along with 2 i.d. pictures and my current licence. It was free of charge as my licence is in date and i should recieve my new licence in the post in a few days along with the M category dated on it. Happy days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I never knew a Turkey needed a driving license. :p

Advertisement