Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding it difficult to sleep at night

Options
  • 08-05-2011 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

i'm 4 months pregnant and i'm starting to find it more difficult to get to sleep at night. I was just wondering, is this normal? does it start to happen in your 4th month of pregnancy? any advice would be great. thanks (I also think that 4 months pregnant is a long time, what do you think?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Are you sleeping less because you're uncomfortable, or because you're mind is going a mile a minute? Either way it's pretty normal to have sleepless nights. I think on my first it was about 5/6 months before the discomfort started kicking in,and it hasn't kicked in yet on this one but different strokes for different folks ey? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

It could get better though. It's different for everyone. On my first the sleepless nights didn't kick in until the last few weeks.

On my second though, I had it at about 16 weeks til 22-23 weeks. Then I slept. Only problem with it was, was that I didn't move, so I got stiffness in my back (when the pelvis softens), and it was a killer trying to get outta bed in the morning!

Unfortunately you get over one symptom to be greeted with another.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have had the same problem and am 4 months also. I bought a body cushion from Argos for 28Eur and it's helping loads at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I find using a pregnancy pillow to support the bump really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

they say its your body's way of getting you ready for all the sleepless nights ahead,. haha - how true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

It's certainly true at 34 weeks! tossing and turning all night because of leg cramps, one side of my hip getting sore then having to wee two or three times!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Winnie wrote: »
    It's certainly true at 34 weeks! tossing and turning all night because of leg cramps, one side of my hip getting sore then having to wee two or three times!

Oh the sore hips are driving me mad at the moment, I'll finally get comfortable on one side and then just as I'm about to doze off, my hip will start hurting and I'll have to turn over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

body pillow, best thing ever invented, put one part under bump, and other end between knees (easing sciatica!!:)). i got mine 27euro argos but i saw them in guineys in limerick for 10euro, beware though as mothercare are charging 70euro for a nicely scented one that heats up. being heated up at night is the last thing i need, well not by a pillow anyway!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I'd agree with the body pillow thing, it was getting in the way first when I was only in second trimester but now Im 35 weeks and I'd be lost without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Is there a difference between a body pillow and a specific pregnancy pillow (other than companies getting you to fork over more money for pregnancy things?!)
    I'm 25 weeks now, and am starting to get to the stage where I could do with a bit of support when I'm sleeping...
    As for finding it hard to sleep... As long as I'm not hungry I'm ususally ok! Wake up a lot during the night to pee, have a few gulps of water, or both though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement