Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American accent in waterford?

• 08-05-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

Whats the deal with the american accent out around the dunmore rd? It seems every kid and teenager has an american accent. Its kinda weird I think.
    What u all think? Its kinda a bit freaky!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

They're the WD4'S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Cant say i ever noticed TBH.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Cant say i ever noticed TBH.

Ya whatever "snaps fingers " douchebag.

Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

dermo909 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the american accent out around the dunmore rd? It seems every kid and teenager has an american accent. Its kinda weird I think.

nothing new there. I always take the piss out of my friends from dunmore road for being from there. Then again, the joke is not on them, they live in the nice part of town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

needs more stones in the end of a bucket haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

dermo909 wrote: »

Whats with the American lingo? its kinda annoying!

Whats with the American lingo? its kinda annoying!

Fo shizzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Mid-Atlantic accent is the term for this accent.

Anyway, who cares. We already speak the Englishman's language, why not use the American's accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Can't say I've noticed it but it's possibly down to watching too much tv from a young age.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest its not uncommon to come across young kids and teenagers all around Ireland with American type accents, I'd have to agree with deisemum its likely down to watching far too much tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

kids on the Dunmore road are just getting ready for 50 cent. It's unfortunate that the rest of the town is not getting into the spirit of the festival and speaking with an American accent, yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Yes 15 years of watching ' Friends' would do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Oh my Gaaaawd, are you for real, I mean like, I live near that precinct and I can't say I've noticed it, that's Awwwwwwwwsome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Monfoolio

Is it wrong that I peed a little when I read these posts!! Funny!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this thread suggesting those in Wards 1 and 3 are not watching Disney and Nick 24 hours a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

oh my gaaad, you mean like there are kids to twenty-somethings walking around like because, they love the girls on sex and the cidy or the hills. Its happeneing everywhere in fairness, just listen to some of the idiots on programs like expose where its all celebrities, drinking bottled whader and going to a pardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

some of the dunmore road think they're in Skins, some of them think they're in The O.C, the rest are trying to get on Crimewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Two words: Jersey Shore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

dayshah wrote: »
    Mid-Atlantic accent is the term for this accent.

Anyway, who cares. We already speak the Englishman's language, why not use the American's accent?
    Not being fussy just trying to maintain the high stanard of ¨boards¨
    we actually speak ¨the Queens english¨:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I blame the Jed-tards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So they don't say boy or girl at the end of every sentence on this Dunmore road place?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

kkdela6 wrote: »
    some of the dunmore road think they're in Skins, some of them think they're in The O.C, the rest are trying to get on Crimewatch

and you know this how? im assuming you've spoken to every single person on the dunmore road? Grew up in an estate there and I can honestly say I have never come across anyone who had an American accent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

So they don't say boy or girl at the end of every sentence on this Dunmore road place?

No, they say "Roight" and "Loike" at the end of every sentance. Seems to be centred mainly around Newtown and De La Salle, thank god the Top of the Town is still speaking proper Waterfordese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

BazBox wrote: »
    and you know this how? im assuming you've spoken to every single person on the dunmore road? Grew up in an estate there and I can honestly say I have never come across anyone who had an American accent!

I haven't heard an american accent from anyone living on the Dunmore Road apart from on an American visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No, they say "Roight" and "Loike" at the end of every sentance. Seems to be centred mainly around Newtown and De La Salle, thank god the Top of the Town is still speaking proper Waterfordese.

Oh Roight boy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Bloody rampant in the City!
    They are almost condescending to you in
    the manner in which they speak to you!

A neighbour of mine has developed the 'twang'
    & her children also! It's a step on the social ladder
    in their poor minds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Bloody rampant in the City!
    They are almost condescending to you in
    the manner in which they speak to you!

A neighbour of mine has developed the 'twang'
    & her children also! It's a step on the social ladder
    in their poor minds!

Nothin' a good batin' won't fix.

Give him ten of the best and five of the finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Was thinking the same. Turns out I'm living in Waterford, Michigan. Who would of known?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

We call lads from Tramore Tramericans... I don't know why tbh :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Ha ha Tramericans, thats good that

Advertisement