Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 STILL HEAVILY FREAKIN POPULATED!!

Options
  • 08-05-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

And its only 5euro on steam right now! I bought it and i cant believe how goo dit looks after so many years! i love the game play in this title! and the maps were just epic! great game for 5euro i truly love it! cant wait for bf3, id prefer this in the interim over bfbc2 and a fraction of the cost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

It has a lot of dedicated fans, BF3 should be out of this world, really interesting to see if it will knock cod off it's throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I think a lot of the CoD posse were blown away by battlefield. I was showing a guy at work some of the jet videos and he was saying it's like a game in itself.

So if u like tanks it's got it, if u like heli's it's got it...it's pretty much covered everyone's likes....yes even campy snipers meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think a lot of the CoD posse were blown away by battlefield. I was showing a guy at work some of the jet videos and he was saying it's like a game in itself.
    I remember when Battlefield 1942 first came out, where you could fly, drive, or run around. It blew me away then, and still is pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

It is certainly an excellent game! Thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Installed it again recently as my main pc is fecked but bf2 runs grand on my laptop, I installed it to play FH2 though :

and thats still got decently populated servers too for a mod to a 6 year old game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah FH, what a beast of a mod.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And to top it off, Intel actually updated their drivers last year, so the integrated GMA cards can actually PLAY the game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Mad!..just found the disc for this...and dug out the joystick!!...tempted to re-install...but will prob be downloading updates for the day before I can play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I played last night - felt quite dated. The most recent patch is 2 gigs in size too :|

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

With all the ****e released recently BF2 plays better than ever in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I built an incredible rig, pumped a load of cash into key stuff like my video card (gainward phantom 570GTX) make sure I'm using a stable but peak overclock calibration for optimal performance and stability, took time to consider my cooling system and core temps, bought 2 fantastic 23" monitors, gaming pad,gaming mouse and keyboard, great office chair for comfort. Then just play counter strike source,quake live and BF2. Honestly I dont know why I bother, but new games cant hold my attention at all. BF3 better be a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Haha I know what you are saying, I've just turned tier 4 in quake live it's all I ever play now.
    Had a word with dubs and I'm upgrading in June for BF3. I would say this is the only game that I am looking forward to, partly because of the guys on this forum.
    So for 800 euros or so I'll have a pretty good rig, I'd imaging with all the light sources in bf3, i'll need the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

there was a patch out for BF2, wow? Does it improve the graphics at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

Then just play counter strike source,quake live and BF2. Honestly I dont know why I bother, but new games cant hold my attention at all. BF3 better be a keeper!

Exact same as me :D

there was a patch out for BF2, wow? Does it improve the graphics at all?

Three patches IIRC, 1.4 (450ish mb) 1.41 (550mb) and 1.5 (1.9gb)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Wish BF 2142 was as populated, imo it's the better game

Try Day of Defeat source, epic game. Its more populated and equally as cheap.

Advertisement