Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need something airbrushed camo..anyone to do it?

Options
  • 09-05-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

i have a shotgun that i want to get airbrushed or some form of paint to a camo finish.it will have to be done somewhere where i can be as well for the legalities of it.needs to be a good tough finish.will pay cash.pm for details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Basically, you are looking to get the gun stock painted?
    If you can take it apart and keep the important parts, than I can do it.
    I don't want strange functional gun in my shop and I can't imagine that somebody will camp in my garden for a week or two while the paint is being done :D

I've seen the whole gun painted too, but I am not quite sure how practical and how durable that is, as I can imagine that the barrel and other parts can get some heat abuse during discharge and during maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

well the stock,pump,barrel and cartridge tube.oh defo id be hoping to have someone near me aswell because id imagine having any gun parts atall is illegal..i know its illegal to have a decommisioned shotgun (all firing parts taken off) unless its of sentimental value

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I don't know the legalities of guns and parts so I am moving this to a more appropriate forum where the moderators will either lock it or be able to help.

Illegal activity is not encouraged or permitted on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to shooting forum as this is not airsoft related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Dj, leave it with me if you hear no more. 2 weeks to spray a shotgun, i doubt it. Il find out for you tomo dj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Dj, leave it with me if you hear no more. 2 weeks to spray a shotgun, i doubt it. Il find out for you tomo dj.
    cheers dusty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Talk to gunhappy.ie when he shows up here on the boards...Exellent work in that dept.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Thanks for the sound off Grizzly.

djflawless wrote: »
    well the stock,pump,barrel and cartridge tube.oh defo id be hoping to have someone near me aswell because id imagine having any gun parts atall is illegal..i know its illegal to have a decommisioned shotgun (all firing parts taken off) unless its of sentimental value

It wouldnt be illegal to have a decomissioned gun. There are plenty of deactivated firearms in the country legally.

Send me a PM of what your interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

gunhappy's work is excellent. He sprayed my rifle and years later the finish is as new. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to send future work his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Your sorted so dj;) best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

hows things dj? if you dont get sorted,i'll help ya out. i do custom painting and airbrushing www.bandeetokustomart.ie :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

jay.b wrote: »
    hows things dj? if you dont get sorted,i'll help ya out. i do custom painting and airbrushing www.bandeetokustomart.ie :):)

I want that Army Harley, does it have a rifle rack on it?

I want that Army Harley, does it have a rifle rack on it?

it does yes! a sleeve, its on the front forks

it does yes! a sleeve, its on the front forks

I love them old Harleys, even though reliability of the Pan heads was to say the least "not so great"

Mate of mine had them Russian side car BMW clones with the Hammer and sickle on them.(equally un reliable though)

How much to spray a rifle stock in duracoat and do light filling to dings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

I love them old Harleys, even though reliability of the Pan heads was to say the least "not so great"

Mate of mine had them Russian side car BMW clones with the Hammer and sickle on them.(equally un reliable though)

Harleys are more often in the garage than on the road;) too much pieces shaking, prefer yamaha

thats actually a new bike. its a harley cross bones. amazing what a few parts and a talented painter can do ;):p.
    pm on the dura coat

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Harleys are more often in the garage than on the road;) too much pieces shaking, prefer yamaha

Although I prefer Honda I currently own a Kawasaki GT550 and prior to that a string of Suzuki's

I rode a Harley 1450, was the only Harley I ever rode, steering was poor as she had high bars and forward foot rests.

Although I liked the torque

wanted to buy a Buell but they ceased in 2009 :(

Although I prefer Honda I currently own a Kawasaki GT550 and prior to that a string of Suzuki's

I rode a Harley 1450, was the only Harley I ever rode, steering was poor as she had high bars and forward foot rests.

Although I liked the torque

wanted to buy a Buell but they ceased in 2009 :(

had a Buell in the states when they first came out, too much plastic:D ive rode a few Harley's but there more noise than anything else.Currently have a Yamaha Special 750cc, nice cruising bike. You should check out Cocas MCC, we do ride outs every weekend at browns petrol station;)

im on a vtr 1000 myself :D v twin engine sounds great and goes like stink ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

can i join in here.

i want a paint job done on my new build rifle as i am keeping my original stock until i can afford a special one from PSE or edi as we know him here.

oh and i have a Honda blackbird 1100 xx. i love it:D

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    can i join in here.

i want a paint job done on my new build rifle as i am keeping my original stock until i can afford a special one from PSE or edi as we know him here.

oh and i have a Honda blackbird 1100 xx. i love it:D

SHOW OFFS:mad:
    :D

Spunk84 wrote: »
    SHOW OFFS:mad:
    :D

Paulo's blackbird is lovely, although I'd take off the Factory cans.

He does have a point though, silent but Violent :D

I was out for a short spin with Paulo, that Bird can seriously move

Paulo's blackbird is lovely, although I'd take off the Factory cans.

He does have a point though, silent but Violent :D

I was out for a short spin with Paulo, that Bird can seriously move

Yea 2 of the lads from the club have them and they know how to drive them as well;) Very nice blackbirds are. coming down in price as well. I prefer cruisers thou, if they want to move they can but other than that i like the comfort:P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

Sorry to hijack this thread but if anyone does duracoat can you please pm me a rough price for an action and barrel (26" barrel)

As for bikes, pffft hornet all the way :p

Advertisement