Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out Saturday night!

Options
  • 09-05-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for somewhere to go of a Saturday night!

We're all students, youngest of us is 18 and oldest (me) is 21.

We're looking for a club that we can all get in to, we're students so are only familiar with the places we go during the week, the weekend is a whole different ball game.

Any suggestions?

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

You're eager beavers, planning a whole week ahead :pac:

I'm the same age as you so I'll give you the run down. Basically everywhere in Dublin is open on a Saturday. So you have the pick of the place. My favourite clubnight of the weekend is Octopussy in the Academy. It depends if you're into indie and electro music though.

Twisted Pepper-Dubstep, electro...not my scene but some like it. It has a bit of a reputation for pill heads but whether that's true or not I don't know.

D2, Diceys, Coppers-One and the same really, just chart music. But they're all full price admission unlike during the week and there's usually no drinks promotions.

Tripod-Haven't been in a year sadly but I liked it.

Crawdaddy-Very 'alternative' place. I'm not a fan.

NV-Never been but it's supposedly alright. A hangout of the D4 brigade.

ALT, Palace, Whelans, 21s, Howl at the Moon, Button Factory, Club M....everywhere is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm the same age as you so I'll give you the run down. Basically everywhere in Dublin is open on a Saturday. So you have the pick of the place. My favourite clubnight of the weekend is Octopussy in the Academy. It depends if you're into indie and electro music though.

Propaganda on a Saturday! Octopussy is mid-week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Propaganda on a Saturday! Octopussy is mid-week.

All the nights blur into one I'm afraid :o. Propaganda is a far better night than Octopussy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

You're eager beavers, planning a whole week ahead :pac:

Twisted Pepper-Dubstep, electro...not my scene but some like it. It has a bit of a reputation for pill heads but whether that's true or not I don't know.

D2, Diceys, Coppers-One and the same really, just chart music. But they're all full price admission unlike during the week and there's usually no drinks promotions.

Tripod-Haven't been in a year sadly but I liked it.

Crawdaddy-Very 'alternative' place. I'm not a fan.

NV-Never been but it's supposedly alright. A hangout of the D4 brigade.

ALT, Palace, Whelans, 21s, Howl at the Moon, Button Factory, Club M....everywhere is open.

Thanks, last night of exams so want a good night!

We all know all those places, only thing is a lot of them are 19/20+ so that rules out one of us...we're ideally looking for somewhere we can all go.

Options according to the rest of our class are Button Factory (never been, whats it like?) or the Wright Venue which would be ideal for me as I live in Swords :p

Advertisement