Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i find cigarette prices in Europe

Options
  • 09-05-2011 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Heading on a cruise in the coming weeks and there will be stops in Guernsey, France, Spain and Portugal, can anyone tell me where i could find the prices for cigarettes in each of these countries/jurisdictions, planning on stocking up while im away.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Thank you OG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Amazing, we are the most expensive country in europe for cigarettes.

Just back from the cruise and i can tell you that cruise ships are the cheapest place for cigarettes. 200 for $26 US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just back from the cruise and i can tell you that cruise ships are the cheapest place for cigarettes. 200 for $26 US.

How many were you able to bring back?

And as an aside, if anyone knows, how many could one bring back from Spain through the airports?

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    How many were you able to bring back?

And as an aside, if anyone knows, how many could one bring back from Spain through the airports?

Officially their guide said you could only bring 100 cigarettes per person into the UK, i brought back 10 cartons but the chap in the shop said he has had people take 25 cartons off the ship with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Remember folk that discussion of methods of evading taxes and duties is not a topic for this forum.
    Information on what you can bring into the country can be found at www.revenue.ie under the Taxes and Duties section.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

OldGoat wrote: »
    Remember folk that discussion of methods of evading taxes and duties is not a topic for this forum.
    Information on what you can bring into the country can be found at www.revenue.ie under the Taxes and Duties section.
    How many can you bring in if you pay the duty in the country you bought them in. I was always under the impression that under the freedom of movement of goods act in the EU you can bring as much in as you want as long as it was meant for your consumption.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

200motels wrote: »
    How many can you bring in if you pay the duty in the country you bought them in.
    From within the EU, as many as you want, but you may be asked to explain yourself if you have more than 800. The customs officers' decision on whether they believe your story or not is final.

You can only bring 200 into the EU from outside, regardless of whether you paid duty when you bought them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

This post has been deleted.

A mate of mine brought me back 20 pouches of Domingo at €1.50 a pouch! Could've been where you were. Then to offset any savings the thick f****r paid €15 for ten packs of skins :eek::mad::(

Advertisement