Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Loss treatments

• 09-05-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there ppl,

Just enquiring has anyone feedback on the Advanced Hair Studio in Dublin. I went there for a consulatation and now am deciding what to do as the treatment is pretty costly and a big committment. Obviously i want to do something as my hair is receding but any feedback on ppl's experiences from Advanced Hair would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

I presume you're female?

Have you tried HRBR? Second to none for men anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

No im a 26 yr old male. Do you think HRBR is better than Advanced hair studio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Gal2011 wrote: »
    No im a 26 yr old male. Do you think HRBR is better than Advanced hair studio?

I haven't heard of Advanced hair studio but from looking at their website just there they look like one of the numerous money making rackets that are out there at the moment.

If you have a problem with hair loss then I would highly recommend HRBR. I'm not sure what stage you're at (as in do you require a transplant or could the situation be treated with medication?) but HRBR is the place to go.

Don't bother your ar*e with any of the half arsed treatments out there, go and see Maurice Collins in HRBR.

I've no connection with HRBR, just a very satisfied client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

I've only ever heard good things about HRBR.
    How costly is it?

I don't know about HRBR, i would love to hear feedback about them. I visited Advanced Hair Studio 2 weeks ago and was quoted €3500 for laser treatment. I am currently unsure what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

I don't know about HRBR, i would love to hear feedback about them. I visited Advanced Hair Studio 2 weeks ago and was quoted €3500 for laser treatment. I am currently unsure what to do.

I've just started Proscar a couple of weeks ago.It takes a little while to kick in.
    Maybe a chat with your GP about it,I will let you know how I get on.A little tip if you do decide to go with it it's 70-80 quid here and my in laws can get it in Poland for 15 quid !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's a scam.

Who recommended Proscar to you, is there not side effects? Why do you say its a scam??

Who recommended Proscar to you, is there not side effects? Why do you say its a scam??

Show me evidence that laser treatment for hair restoration works. That only thing that I have seen work is hair transplantation. If you want to waste your money of laser surgery, be my guest. But don't be upset if it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You would be better off not getting the treatment in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

i went to HRBR 7 years ago not and have been on proscar ever since. It really did make a difference.
    I would highly recommend it. I told one of my best friends, they put him on proscar and his results were more significant than mine. He thanks me every time we go out and get drunk.:o

I believe the fundamental reason for hair loss in men is a hormonal issue.
    To much testosterone inhibits hair growth in the follicles.
    Maybe thats where the phrase bald men are more virile came from.

I cant how laser treatment can stimulate hair growth if it is a hormonal inbalance.
    I for one would not pay €3500 for laser treatment unless i had a money back guarantee from them.

So most of you wouldn't see how Advanced hair could help. I visited them and they don't offer guarantees but they showed me lots of before and after pictures and also did a presentation for me. Laser was the best option for me as i wasn't too bad yet they said. Does Proscar not have serious side effects like affecting your sex drive and athat as i don't want that to happen. Iv come to the stage where i need to make a choice where i am going to invest my money to try and treat this problem as it is really getting to me seeing my hair receding.

I visited them and they don't offer guarantees but they showed me lots of before and after pictures and also did a presentation for me.

3500 for no guarantees, and you were happy with that? You must have money to throw away. Laser restoration doesn't work. It's a scam. Of course they will show you before and after pictures - they are easily photoshopped. They are trying to sell you a con for 3500 euro, and if you're stupid enough to waste it - then that's your loss. I hate seeing people being scammed.
    Laser was the best option for me as i wasn't too bad yet they said.

No it isn't. It doesn't work. If you are only beginning to bald, you could try the likes of propecia and so forth. But after that, hair transplant restoration like the one in the video I posted is the only one I've seen that works.
    Does Proscar not have serious side effects like affecting your sex drive and athat as i don't want that to happen. Iv come to the stage where i need to make a choice where i am going to invest my money to try and treat this problem as it is really getting to me seeing my hair receding.

It only cost me 50 euro to sort out my balding. I bought a razor. Haven't looked back since :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

+1 for the razor!!

Best hair care you can get...

I had no side effects whatsoever. I did pose that question at the consultation and i was told that its very rare in young men. If there are any side effects then you just stop taking the pills. This is all explained at the consultation by the doctor.

I dont want to speak out against laser treatment but i have never come across any medical proof that this works and/or will have a lasting effect.
    I for one am sceptical about this.

I went down the proven medical route and it worked for me (and my friend)
    HRBR were extremely professional, they didnt want large sums of cash up front, just €200 for the consultation.
    Id be an egg head right now if i didnt go to them.

Good luck whichever route you choose OP.

Well obviously shaving their head doesn't suit lots of people (Me included) so not an option. Macman you are very helpful. Has Proscar just prevented you losing your hair or does it help the hair to grow and become somewhat thicker. Would you think it would be okay to just go to a normal GP and get a prescription for Proscar or would you say i should try and book an appoitmnet for HRBR. I am based in Galway but obviously could travel up if worth it. Think its €250 for a consulatation with HRBR now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

Well obviously shaving their head doesn't suit lots of people (Me included) so not an option. Macman you are very helpful. Has Proscar just prevented you losing your hair or does it help the hair to grow and become somewhat thicker. Would you think it would be okay to just go to a normal GP and get a prescription for Proscar or would you say i should try and book an appoitmnet for HRBR. I am based in Galway but obviously could travel up if worth it. Think its €250 for a consulatation with HRBR now.

Proscar will make the hair grow again,I'm using it with Rogaine and have done a lot of research on it and that seems the best mix.Go to your GP and explain to him what you want,tell him you are looking for Proscar,it comes in a 5mg tablet form, but you should only take 1mg a day so cut it up into 5 pieces.
    You do not want Propecia(its the same as Proscar) only in 1mg form,but costs the same as the 5 mg tablet!!\This way you get 5 times more for the same price.
    I also have not had any side effects either,it should lower libido but I have not found this if anything its the opposite!!

Would you think it would be okay to just go to a normal GP and get a prescription for Proscar or would you say i should try and book an appoitmnet for HRBR.

Both, your hair should grow back however it depends on the stage your at. I was a few years into hair loss so i could never get all of it back.
    The most important thing was that i got enough back that it does not bother me any more.
    My friend who went a lot earlier than me now looks like he never had a problem to begin with.

Dont just go to the GP, there are specific does which need to be taken. Your GP would probably not give it to you anyway. Also they advise a couple other treatments in conjunction with the proscar.
    There is a follow up care every year which you should attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

macman2010 wrote: »
    I had no side effects whatsoever. I did pose that question at the consultation and i was told that its very rare in young men. If there are any side effects then you just stop taking the pills. This is all explained at the consultation by the doctor.

I dont want to speak out against laser treatment but i have never come across any medical proof that this works and/or will have a lasting effect.
    I for one am sceptical about this.

I went down the proven medical route and it worked for me (and my friend)
    HRBR were extremely professional, they didnt want large sums of cash up front, just €200 for the consultation.
    Id be an egg head right now if i didnt go to them.

Good luck whichever route you choose OP.

HRBR's website states it something like €10 per transplanted follicle. how much did you and your friend end up paying (and what level of baldness did you have in the first place) and how much do the annual check-ups cost?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Dont go to advanced hair studio, utter scam. I went there for hair laser treatment, they promised that IF the hair came back stronger and fuller it would remain so for 5 -10 years. And combined with the ointment stuff and laser it actually did come back thicker. But when the laser sessions stopped my hair began to recede again, rapidly, despite continuing with the ointment monoxodil. They just turned their back and that was it. Avoid them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

macman2010 wrote: »
    I had no side effects whatsoever. I did pose that question at the consultation and i was told that its very rare in young men.

I would stay well clear of Finasteride/Propecia it is pure poison thousands of men have had their lives destroyed by that drug , I would be very surprised if it is still available in 5 years time.

http://www.propeciahelp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

dlofnep wrote: »
    Show me evidence that laser treatment for hair restoration works. That only thing that I have seen work is hair transplantation. If you want to waste your money of laser surgery, be my guest. But don't be upset if it doesn't work.

This is the simple and total truth of the hair loss situation. Everything else is a scam......one born every minute and the scam artists sure know how the words to use and the places to find them. ALL hair restorers are frauds be they physical or medicinal going back to the days of the snake oil salesmen in the old West. They were the first criminal fraudsters, every state had an army of them and apparently just about every one of them made money selling hair restoring snake oil.

Do not support those leeches !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

fred252 wrote: »
    HRBR's website states it something like €10 per transplanted follicle. how much did you and your friend end up paying (and what level of baldness did you have in the first place) and how much do the annual check-ups cost?

Thanks

I'd be interested in this too. The prices seem absolutely extortionate.

Advertisement