Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pages to index?

Options
  • 09-05-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I've recently put up a website that Google has recently visited and started to index.

When I type the name into Google now all the pages come up: Home, About Us, Contact, etc.

Should I only index the main page and block the rest (using a Robot.txt file). Someone told me recently that if I do my pagerank will improve significantly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Amik wrote: »
    Someone told me recently that if I do my pagerank will improve significantly.
    As an alternative that would be significantly more successful...

1. Create a humans.txt file (preferably scribbled on the back of a 20 pack of silk cut) and place it in your wallet
    2. Add that persons name to it, along with a "Never listen to a damn word they say" scibbled in crayon
    3. Punch them in the face

No.

Don't do that, under any circumstances. If you have a page which you don't want included in the index as it adds no value, such as a "login" page, you should explicitly block those. However attempting to block all other pages, including relevant ones such as contact details, is a terrible idea that will hurt your rankings and not improve them.

Advertisement