Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats a fair price for my modified US 3DO FZ1?

• 09-05-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    I'm going to stick a US 3DO FZ1 up on adverts for sale and would like some feedback on pricing before I do it. You don't see many for sale(and I've never seen one for sale modified this way) and that's why I'd like the feedback.

I know some of you are looking for 3DO's at the moment so I'd prefer to sell to one of you and give it a good home, and why not ask what you think is a fair price to pay.

This 3DO has been modified to use a PAL 3DO PSU so you don't need any type of converter/transformer. This means you get the full speed/full screen 60hz gaming without the need to use a stepdown transformer or plug adapter.

It's in very good condition by the way.

As most of you know the 3DO has no region lock on it so you can play all your US/Euro/Jap or backup games on this one without any problems.

I'd keep this myself but I already have an unhealthy amount of 3DO's :D

So, what's a fair price to ask for this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm just looking for the price of the console by the way.

I may include a game or two but not sure yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

tbh its up to you decide on whats a fair price.

More money made on ebay

Most have a budget limit of €5 on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'll give you €10! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ebay, they tend to go between £60 to £80. Amazon seems to have sellers between the $100 to $150 mark. I've always wanted one but the shipping is always the aspect that puts me off.

I'm interested in this no matter what the price, really. :pac:

tbh its up to you decide on whats a fair price.

More money made on ebay

To be honest I'm not looking to make a lot of money on this and I want it to go to someone here as they would probably appreciate it more.
    Personally I think its the perfect 3DO, its a FZ1, its a US version, it has a UK PAL PSU installed so no messing around with adapters etc.

I was originally going to get a power transformer thing for it but found a nice cheapish UK FZ1 that only had a faulty cd drive. So bought that and used its PSU.

So hopefully someone here on the forum will get it. I'll have a think about the price and stick it up tonight.

• Advertisement

This will be up on adverts in a little while.

Also, I've tested this with US games, Euro games and backups and it's loaded everything I've put in the CD tray :D

I've looked around at prices and decided that 100 euro is a fair price for this, especially with the PSU mod/replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    This will be up on adverts in a little while.

Also, I've tested this with US games, Euro games and backups and it's loaded everything I've put in the CD tray :D

I've looked around at prices and decided that 100 euro is a fair price for this, especially with the PSU mod/replacement.

I'd put it at a bit more than that, its a 60hz full screen 3DO that doesn't need a step down - prob worth more to an enthusiast but I reckon €120/€140 all day long. Plus on adverts the first offer will almost certainly be half your asking :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Plus on adverts the first offer will almost certainly be half your asking :)

Normally, but I'm stalking this and I'll definitely offer the ton if advertised as such. :pac:

I'd put it at a bit more than that, its a 60hz full screen 3DO that doesn't need a step down - prob worth more to an enthusiast but I reckon €120/€140 all day long. Plus on adverts the first offer will almost certainly be half your asking :)

Yeah, i decided on 120 in the end. I think its fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, i decided on 120 in the end. I think its fair.

Oops sorry Relikk :o I just cost ya 20 bones there....

It is worth it though, I'd have no probs paying that as its something you won't normally come across over here.

• Advertisement

Oops sorry Relikk :o I just cost ya 20 bones there....

It is worth it though, I'd have no probs paying that as its something you won't normally come across over here.

Indeed. I'm willing to pay, no bother.

Ok, officially my fastest ever sale :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thank **** for that, I almost jumped in there with an offer myself!

Sold and collected.

I actually feel a bit sad :(

I like 3DO's way to much lads. At least its gone to a good home :)

Advertisement