Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 12mb/25mb/50mb/100mb BB confirmed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

CorkMan wrote: »
    Does the installers generally call early in the day time? I want to be on awares.

They will ring you before they come, my install was scheduled for between 1pm and 6pm and they got there around 2pm but its all luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

The MyUPC page seems to show the Standalone charge, but I was billed on the 14th and there was no standalone charge.

There was some confuision as the phone came in at 7.70 rather than 2 euro, but I rang them and she explained that it was showing the "out of bundle" charge, and indeed, the total wasn't much more than 47 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

The UPC installers arrived and went again without installing anything.
    Apparently I need new wires from the junction to my house to get the broadband. They said another team will be out in a day or two for that and then they will be back to finish the job.
    They wanted to just install one new UPC+ box but I said no as I did not want to end up having it all done piecemeal and paying for services I do not have.

Edit: They also thought they were only there to install the recording boxes nothing else. Although they did not bat an eyelid when I told them it was for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Tony wrote: »
    Mine is the same
    does it mention the standalone charge?

i haven't had a bill yet since getting the 100mbps, but under "My Products" in my account details, it lists:

− Fibre Power Broadband 100Mb
    − Call Forwarding
    − Call Barring
    − Phone Service

i didn't ask for anything special when i ordered it, i was more interested in the speed & getting it asap than the actual price. :D

just wondering what to expect (and what i'll have to argue for) when the bill comes in. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭Tony

vibe666 wrote: »
    does it mention the standalone charge?

− Call Forwarding
    − Call Barring
    − Phone Service
    − Fibre Power Broadband Standalone Charge

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Mine say:
    − Call Forwarding
    − Additional Handset
    − Call Barring
    − Phone Service

Dunno what the extra handset is about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Are the antennas important? My wireless router came this morning but there was no antennas to be found in the box

Brian017 wrote: »
    Are the antennas important? My wireless router came this morning but there was no antennas to be found in the box

Yes, you wont get much coverage with wireless without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Brian017 wrote: »

They're in a plastic bag in the box somewhere - not very obvious iirc. They're obviously important if you want to use the wifi but not for the ethernet connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

My bill suggests that Im being charged for telephone and broadband seperately. Im being charged 61euro instead of 47..When i emailed them i got the following response.

'Please make a note that Fibre Power Broadband Standalone charge is waived off only for new customers and as you are an existing customer you have been charged for same'

Copy of Bill

Digital Telephony −
    Freetime World Pack 1 11/05/11−13/06/11 6.36 21.0% 7.70

INTERNET
    Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb 1 13/05/11−13/06/11 38.43 21.0% 46.50
    Fibre Power Broadband Standalone Charge 1 14/05/11−13/06/11 6.40 21.0% 7.74
    Total for Internet 54.24
    Total for Subscriptions 61.94

Now i thought it was going be 47euro flat..ie 45 + 2 EURO for phone..

So is dropping standalone for new customers only?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Ring and complain man, thats not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I got told on Thursday the modem would be delivered on Monday, and that UPC would get onto me Friday 1st. But they didn't and it is 1:20PM now. Should I give them a ring? Apparently the installers are supposed to ring before they arrive, which gives more credence to the fact they might not show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I think we will have to get COMREG onto them (again)

Going to go ring them now and see what the situation is, on my latest bill I am still being charged the standalone charge also.
    lpool2k05 wrote: »
    My bill suggests that Im being charged for telephone and broadband seperately. Im being charged 61euro instead of 47..When i emailed them i got the following response.

'Please make a note that Fibre Power Broadband Standalone charge is waived off only for new customers and as you are an existing customer you have been charged for same'

Copy of Bill

Digital Telephony −
    Freetime World Pack 1 11/05/11−13/06/11 6.36 21.0% 7.70

INTERNET
    Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb 1 13/05/11−13/06/11 38.43 21.0% 46.50
    Fibre Power Broadband Standalone Charge 1 14/05/11−13/06/11 6.40 21.0% 7.74
    Total for Internet 54.24
    Total for Subscriptions 61.94

Now i thought it was going be 47euro flat..ie 45 + 2 EURO for phone..

Thanks

I've read the terms and conditions again and I see no mention of the drop applying to new customers only.

lpool2k05 wrote: »

Thanks

Those of you still being charged the standalone charge did you ring them or did you go through the website?

I rang them. Last Friday, via the Loyalty dept.

Hmm it will be interesting to see what will be on my bill, I sure as hell wont be paying them any standalone charge!

fionny wrote: »
    Hmm it will be interesting to see what will be on my bill, I sure as hell wont be paying them any standalone charge!

me too

I am on hold with them now. I told the customer service guy that I rang up on Friday and asked to be put on the €42 package for phone & broadband. Now he is saying he needs to submit a customer complaint form to the loyalty dept so they can listen back to the call?!?!? Next stop Comreg. Typical UPC to shoot themselves in the footlike this.

Arciphel wrote: »
    I am on hold with them now. I told the customer service guy that I rang up on Friday and asked to be put on the €42 package for phone & broadband. Now he is saying he needs to submit a customer complaint form to the loyalty dept so they can listen back to the call?!?!? Next stop Comreg. Typical UPC to shoot themselves in the footlike this.

Let us know how you get on mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Tony wrote: »
    me too

+1

I rang the Customer Care Team this morning to highlight it still showed the Standalone Charge on my profile on their website when I logged in.

The person firstly asked whether I had been told by UPC that the Standalone charge would not apply once I got the new bundle (100Mb+Phone with Anytime).

I confirmed I was told this & asked why when all my other details had been updated (such as the reference to my previous 30Mb was gone & the 100Mb was there with phone now) why they had left the Standalone charge.

I was then told that was a mistake & it would be removed from my profile & that I wouldn't be billed for it. Apparently it will take 5 days to be removed :rolleyes: So it will still show on my profile for the next few days.

I was also told that they were now allowed to offer all customers not just new customers the same prices for the new bundles (initially by default they were not allowed to do that which is why so many of us here had to complain & ask for the Customer Loyalty Team, before we got sorted out).

I'll know for sure how this has all 'played out' when I get my first bill, so I'll have to watch & wait until then & hopefully not have to start chasing them again ;)

They are unbelievable...Either they are dropping the charge or their not!!What other business is like UPC??

Imagine working in a shop and not knowing the prices and discounts!!

Absolute Joke

Thats interesting. The customer support guy I spoke to 10 mins ago was under the impression that the standalone charge still applies and referred me to UPCs terms and conditions, which I had open in front of me and say nothing about the standalone charge allpying for existing customers. I have lodged a formal complaint with ComReg and they said they have to give UPC ten days to look into this, after that they can get involved.

Typical typical UPC to do something good and then simultaneously take all the good feeling and customer satisfaction from it by botching it in some way :rolleyes:

I fully agree, its not like its difficult to get this right.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Typical typical UPC to do something good and then simultaneously take all the good feeling and customer satisfaction from it by botching it in some way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

UPC 50mb and phone..upgrading

is it self install or tech?

edit to say, having read the above I'll put a hold on that......the website says 47 euro flat! if they're charging standalone also I'll forget it

Self Install...Tech needed for 100mb only

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Are UPC still making it hard for current customers to switch?

I'm on 30MB with phone and tv, and I'd like to get 100MB, do I just call them up and ask for the loyalty department or what do I do?

Oh and the new router you need is it Wireless G or N?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaner125

upgraded to 100mb broadband last week.. best speedtest I've gotten so far is 60mbs (wired) but it's usually between 20-50mbs. Not really happy with this, rang them and have a tech coming on wednesday to take a look.. hopefully the speed will increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No-one called me so far today so I called them. I was told by the loyalty department that the new packages were indeed for new customers only. She sensed I wasn't too happy and asked was I prepared to cancel, to which I replied that I was most certainly thinking about it.

Taking one of the packages would incur a €20 installation fee and €15 for a handset. Later in the conversation she mentioned I could save on the €20 by performing a self install- fair enough. So it seems the 50MB package isn't available in Balbriggan just yet but the 25MB is. So I lose the 'top' TV package which I'm currently on and I revert to their middle offering. It seems the bundles are absolutely fixed and you can't fiddle with them. I had hoped I'd be able to take the middle bundle and pay the extra for the top TV service- nope.

The line quality while I was talking to the rep was terrible so I didn't pick up the last few things she said. It would seem I can expect a call from someone in the next 24 hours - few days in relation to the change of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

bonoman66 wrote: »
    +1

I rang the Customer Care Team this morning to highlight it still showed the Standalone Charge on my profile on their website when I logged in.

The person firstly asked whether I had been told by UPC that the Standalone charge would not apply once I got the new bundle (100Mb+Phone with Anytime).

I confirmed I was told this & asked why when all my other details had been updated (such as the reference to my previous 30Mb was gone & the 100Mb was there with phone now) why they had left the Standalone charge.

I was then told that was a mistake & it would be removed from my profile & that I wouldn't be billed for it. Apparently it will take 5 days to be removed :rolleyes: So it will still show on my profile for the next few days.

I was also told that they were now allowed to offer all customers not just new customers the same prices for the new bundles (initially by default they were not allowed to do that which is why so many of us here had to complain & ask for the Customer Loyalty Team, before we got sorted out).

I'll know for sure how this has all 'played out' when I get my first bill, so I'll have to watch & wait until then & hopefully not have to start chasing them again ;)

I had noticed earlier as well the Standalone Charge on my A/C. So i contacted them on line. I had upgraded to 50 MB and added the phone for €47. Here is the rather ambigious reply I got:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your recent email.
    Please be advised that the standalone charge will not be applied to the new customers who subscribe to the Telephony and Broadband products. The standalone charge will be applied to the existing customers.

For more helpful information, please visit the Customer Support section of our website.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

XXX

UPC Customer Care

Advertisement