Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To iphone or not to iPhone :)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

evolutionqy7 and I don't always see eye-to-eye, but I have to agree with him here.

If someone can get the GAA discount (20% - I think) the iPhone works out as:
    €0 + 32*24 = €786. Buying outright would be €699 + 24*24[576] = 1275. But by flogging the iPhone at some point for 300-400 Euro you do ok and can keep up with the latest technology without a massive up-front charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

rickyjb wrote: »
    They told me the same thing, just tell them carphone warehouse offered it to you and they'll crack. I got free meteor to meteor calls and texts and 70 quid off the price of the phone (N8) by doing this. Seriously, just be persistent:pac:

Isn't the carphone warehouse a Meteor dealer? i.e. will they not just say to me "why didn't you take the offer off the carphone warehouse?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

kingaaa wrote: »
    Isn't the carphone warehouse a Meteor dealer? i.e. will they not just say to me "why didn't you take the offer off the carphone warehouse?"

Lol if a sales rep would tell ya that he should be brought out the back and be shot in the kneecaps :)

Just say was looking for better offers before i sign into a contract. More people today shop around for offers. So its not really something crazy to do.

Bargaining can be done in any shop. Just depends how and who you talk to. A lot of people have forgotten how to bargain. But it works in most cases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Lol if a sales rep would tell ya that he should be brought out the back and be shot in the kneecaps :)

Just say was looking for better offers before i sign into a contract. More people today shop around for offers. So its not really something crazy to do.

Bargaining can be done in any shop. Just depends how and who you talk to. A lot of people have forgotten how to bargain. But it works in most cases :)

Absolutely, I talked to one guy who actually rang carphone warehouse to check that they were actually offering what I had told him and then got the manager to see if they could price match. After a couple of minutes she agreed to give me the phone at the lowest possible price they could sell it (it was 99 euros if you took their highest tariff contract, 70 euros a month or something for unlimited everything) even though I only wanted a 30 euro a month contract. Plus she agreed to give free texts and calls in order to match the online store offer (it gets more complicated here, apparently meteors bricks and mortar shops and online stores are actually separate entities and are in competition with each other).

I may not have gotten this deal in every meteor shop depending on the sales people/managers mood but it's definitely worth trying. Remember the manager can always give discounts/addons at his/her discretion (within reason of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

rickyjb wrote: »
    I may not have gotten this deal in every meteor shop depending on the sales people/managers mood but it's definitely worth trying. Remember the manager can always give discounts/addons at his/her discretion (within reason of course).

It is worth trying, but the manager does not always have the power to discount. The company I worked at required Regional Manager approval for ANY non-head office promotional discount. There usually had to be a very good reason for that. Price matching was not a valid reason, unfortunately. That said, it is no harm to ask, if we think it would secure a sale we would discount, if we could!

• Advertisement
Advertisement