Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audible Speed Warning

Options
  • 09-05-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Is audible speed warning a standard feature on all sat navs now?
    I have to buy a sat nav for someone who wants this feature but don't see it listed among the features of the sat navs and wondered if it is standard or not.
    By audible speed warning I mean that it beeps or something if you go over the speed limit and not speed camera warnings
    Any recommendations for models with this feature or places to buy?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure about all. On TomTom it is & can be set against speed limits & above a programmable speed. I'd imagine Garmin has this feature also. I'm sure someone will confirm this.
    You are better off sticking to these 2 brands anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bfitz_g

I'm looking for the same an audible warning when you go over the speed limit, some of them seem to go red or show the speed limit but cant find one so far that beeps when you go over the speed limit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Brits. Have you a device at the moment or are you looking at what to buy. As I said above all TomTom device's have this feature. They can also be set up when approaching certain POI categorys.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fonzie01

Garmin seem to have this speed warning thing cracked finally, my 800 series is behaving well at the moment. To answer the original question, it "bings" a couple of times when you are up to 10kmh below the speed limit, and when you are more than 1kmh above it will "bing" constantly and display the mobile safety camera zone in red until you drop below the speed limit. Hope im makin some kinda sense here. Either way it works well. im sure its the same on other Garmin models.

Advertisement